About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions in more than 60 countries. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The ECC Technical Proposal Writer will work in collaboration with proposal teams, particularly proposal design leads and technical specialists, to develop a responsive technical proposal for competitive environment and climate change bids. Specifically, s/he will draft proposal sections such as executive summaries, technical narratives, and staffing and management plans, ensuring the sections are articulate and harmonized. To accomplish this, the ECC Technical Proposal Writer will draw on multiple sources that may include desk/internet research, design workshops and written inputs from, and/or interviews with, subject-matter experts.
- Reviews and analyzes solicitations and creates corresponding proposal outlines for environment and climate change bids.
- Attends kick-off meetings, design workshops and technical reviews.
- Writes high-quality proposals/bids by following FHI 360 proposal-writing standards with emphasis on readability, consistency, and tone and responsive to the solicitation review criteria.
- Revises content based on feedback from proposal reviewers.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Coordinates closely with the Proposal Manager and proposal development contributors.
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field of study, such as environmental science, climate change, natural resource management, public policy, natural, earth, or physical sciences, international development, or other related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in developing and writing environment and climate change-related proposals/bids with a successful track record for securing significant multi-year commitments from donors.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals for general audiences to understand.
- Strong editing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, synthesize, and distill technical information/data on environment and climate change subject matters.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with proposal team during the research, planning, writing, and editing process.
- Applied knowledge of key tools, frameworks, and methodologies in natural resource management, environmental science, biodiversity conservation, and related disciplines an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills in meeting various deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Zoom.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can submit their resumes (maximum of 3 pages) and writing samples to APROProposal@fhi360.org
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultant