(See detailed Term of Reference at APCOM website / "Work with Us")
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary responsibility of Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Officer is to strategically lead APCOM’s internal and external communication efforts and to identify, develop and manage strategic partnerships for resource mobilisation and technical cooperation. This position will have to closely coordinate and work with the Executive Director of APCOM. He/She will maintain close interactions and communication with Programme and Communication staff of APCOM and also developing accountability products for APCOM’s stakeholders.
Specifically, the Marketing, Fundraising and Communications Officer have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Develop, implement and evaluate integrated communications strategies for the organisation, incorporating online communications and PR events and activities, regionally and internationally,
• Develop relationships with media and public relations agencies to secure and grow media coverage and visibility, both nationally and internationally;
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of communication and advocacy materials. Maintain a library of media coverage and its clippings.
• Ensure strong implementation and consistency of APCOM’s organisational brand internally and externally;
• Develop innovative communication materials that will help create visibility, broker partnerships and mobilise resources;
• Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for income generation, fundraising, and accountability efforts, including annual reports, policy briefs;
• Prepare and coordinate the production of publications, brochures, clips and other materials for the promotion of APCOM activities and services
• Work with management to ensure internal and external communications channels and other coordination protocols are in place and implement these successfully;
• Draft and edit articles/newsletter, press releases, KP communities stories, and other advocacy/ information materials (as and when required)
• Ensure all APCOM activities are timely advertised and reported on APCOM’s website and on social media (For.E.g Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and etc)
• Ensure a strong and positive presence of the organisation in social media;
• Interact and strengthen relationship with media and other stakeholders at all APCOM events, and continue to collaborate with them in the future
• Implement corporate / individual sponsorship/fundraising events
• Work closely with project partners in the Region and in Thailand in all
• Develop, maintain organisation’s integrated communication database
• Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database.
• Assist in organizing, promoting, and generating public support or attention for APCOM's special events (For e.g: APCOM community summit, and HERO Awards) and campaigns.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent; and / or
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a strategic management role for a similar organisation in communications, public relations, marketing, fundraising and/or, event management.
• Experience working in and/or with non-profit organisations;
• Experience in network/IT industry;
• Good communication skills;
• Good writing skills;
• Experience of engaging with a wide range of stakeholders including government bodies, academic institutions, corporate donors, UN agencies, bilateral/multilateral donors, CSOs etc.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, with limited day-to-day support and a willingness to take on different projects and tasks as need arises.
• Strong ability to manage people and processes and respond to staff’s development needs.
• Strong planning and evaluation skills, including the capacity to analyse data and interpret and apply research and evaluation findings.
• Good experience in the use of social media tools;
• High integrity, drive for excellence and good interpersonal skills;
• Result orientation and ability to work autonomously;
• Fluency in English;
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application by addressing each point listed in section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief in your cover letter. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate that they meet the requirements and failure to submit the concept note will not be invited to attend an interview.
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter stating your proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later than 24 APRIL 2021 6:00 PM GMT+7.
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
☑ CV with 3 references
☑ Application addressing each point listed in Section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’
☑ Cover Letter (Please explain how you meet the qualifications outlined in this Terms of reference, and why you consider yourself appropriate for the role. Please include proposed monthly salary in Thai Baht
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org