Plan International Thailand
Job Advertisement: Project Manager – TUI Academy Project
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are fully committed to the gender responsive safeguarding of all children and young people from all form of violence.
Position: Project Manager – TUI Academy Project
Assignment duration: Fixed-Term 1 years Contract with possibility to extend
Duty station: Phang Nga
The Project Manager of the TUI Academy project will be a focal person to coordinate the collaboration between Plan International Thailand, Plan International Netherlands (NLNO) and other project key partners including the Robinson Club Resort and ECPAT, as well as lead the implementation of project activities in target areas (Phang Nga and Phuket) in Thailand. The position is based in Phang Nga Office with a substantial amount of time traveling to field locations to monitor the project activities. The Project Manager may be required to travel to the Country Office (CO) in Bangkok.
The person in this position will lead the staff of the TUI Academy project officer (CoC/Life Skills Trainer/Community Mobiliser) to effectively and efficiently implement interventions in the project’s work plan and achieve the overall goal of the project as outlined in the project documents. The Project Manager will be responsible for supervising one subordinate, the project officer (CoC/Life Skills Trainer/Community Mobiliser).
The person in this position will handle the coordination with relevant stakeholders, partners and resource persons in close coordination with the Program Director and the Country Office. S/he will facilitate and manage the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project’s activities and other related activities, as well as ensuring timely submission of all related reports.
The Project Manager of the TUI Academy project will have to ensure an effective working relationship with relevant government agencies, partners and donors as well as providing technical support to ensure quality program delivery. S/he represents Plan International Thailand on related issues in local, national and international fora.
- Establish and maintain systems for managing project operations:
- Develop detail implementation plan (DIP), annual and monthly project action plans and ensure the project is delivered according to the plan, donor requirements and P&IQP project cycle and annual cycle;
- Develop Project Outline (PO) in SAP or PMERL/Y.O.D.A. system, update required information in Program Module regularly, and prepare project modification as needed;
- Prepare detailed project budget and continuous monitoring of expenditures throughout the project period;
- Strategically identify risks and risk mitigation actions to ensure successful project implementation;
- Monitor the progress of the project, actual vs. planned (objectives, activities and expenditures), through analysing relevant data systematically collected over the lifetime of the project.
- Review and validate the data presented in any reports before submitting to the Country Office.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of required reports to donor, Global Hub (GH)/Regional Hub (RH) of Plan International and ensure quality and timely report submission.
- Ensuring effective collaboration with project key partners including the Robinson Club Resort and ECPAT as well as related government agencies/vocational skills training institutes and other hotels.
- Manage the relationship with all partners/stakeholders in the TUI Academy project in order to deliver the efficient/effective results and achieve the project goals.
- Maintain relationships with all project partners/stakeholders, including public, private and civil society partners to effectively build partnerships with them.
- Provide oversight, coaching, technical support and leadership to the project’s CoC/Life Skills Trainer/Community Mobiliser and ensure s/he applies appropriate project implementation strategies and approaches to achieve project outcomes indicated in the project documents.
- Coordinate with program support team and resource mobilization (RM) team at CO to ensure effective collaboration in project operations and reporting.
- Coordinate with Child Projection specialist and Gender specialist to ensure that all project’s activities are implemented in line with Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and met the minimum standard of gender transformative programming and influencing approaches of Plan International.
- Establish and maintain good working and learning relationships across Thailand Country Office and networking.
- Respond to donor queries and coordinate their field visits.
- Make formal presentations of the project on behalf of Plan International Thailand.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Program Director (PD) and Country Director (CD).
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Social Work, Social Development, Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, and other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years experienced in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of cooperative agreement and/or grant/donor requirements.
- Experience establishing and maintaining online and offline systems for managing project operations.
- Experience working on tourism industry, hotel business in particular in Phang Nga and Phuket.
- Experience working on life skills training, vocational skills training and youth economic empowerment related issues in particular with young people in Phang Nga and Phuket.
- Ability to maintain relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners, and to effectively build partnerships with them.
- Understanding of rights-based development, child rights and child protection, decent work opportunities, and gender equity and inclusion.
- Flexible, cross-culturally aware and adaptable to changes.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 14 March 2021
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidate including clearance on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) and Criminal Check Record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager