Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position is to provide technical guidance & advising, and capacity building support to ensure implementation quality of youth development technical programme and projects (from all funding streams) that enables achievements of outcomes that contributes to WVFT’s country strategy, Child Well-being Objectives, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This includes ensuring technical soundness of the project models and key interventions across area programmes through technical advising, and capacity building, including technical oversight of the sector DME functions. The person will also provide technical guidance in resource generation and mobilization initiatives that will address the vulnerabilities among youth or adolescents (13-18) in the country. As a Technical Specialist, the person will coordinate and collaborate effectively with the technical advisor, program implementation, marketing, resource acquisition, strategy, and communications teams.
Youth Development (Youth) Technical Program/Project Development (all funding streams)
- Lead (or co-lead with the technical advisor) the design development process and ensure quality of all youth development related programs/projects/grant designs documents or products
- Engages relevant partners and stakeholders on Youth Development during the design process and generates stakeholder analysis
- Collaborate with program implementation team to ensure Youth Development programs and projects (project models) are adapted to the context appropriately, have quality and scale
Technical & Management support on the Special Project (HSBC-Youth Lead) and Capacity Building Support to Field Teams
- Provide project implementation to ensure area programs are implementing
- Monitors and reports on project reporting
- Design capacity building plan that includes training modules for NO, field staff and key partners and stakeholders on project
- Collaborate with MEAL team for the rollout of complaints and feedback mechanisms including project reporting
- Monitors and evaluates the capacity building support or activities;
- Generates lessons learned and identify areas for improvement
- Monitors and updates NO guidance , plans and donor need on project
Technical/Sector Quality in Implementation & Management
- Develops the TP or project implementing guidelines including standard NO level DIPs and budgets for field use that will support quality of implementation and outputs
- Provides technical guidance to Area Programs during the local adaptation process in coordination with Program Implementation and CESI Advisor.
- Ensure timely and quality of technical support to field implementation team
- Track progress from the field, analyze monitoring data, and develops trends analysis at NO level including lessons learned, challenges, and best practices
- Provide technical advice to program implementation on issues and risks and how to address considering AP context
- Coordinates with grants acquisition and marketing to ensure the youth development programs and projects is funded from diverse sources in compliance with relevant donor requirements
- Collaborate with MEAL team to ensure that a strong M&E system is in place and functional for the youth development programs & projects and that learnings are documented and applied and used to improve further the TP, and by stakeholders for advocacy, marketing, resource acquisition, communication etc.
Strategic Partnership & Advocacy
- Work with National Advocacy Specialist and other sector /technical leads to coordinate national level advocacy to influence government policies, budgets and decision makers on youth development including key issues such as trafficking and migrants.
- Contribute to policy analysis research with advocacy team
- Support the Youth Development Technical Advisor national partnerships or relationships with Government and relevant organizations particularly with Youth Development Network
Performance Management & Development
- Ensure plans contributes to strategic priorities
- Coordinate with Department Manager and P&C to drive performance, development and wellbeing
- Create mechanisms to promote collaboration between teams and across WVFT
- Facilitate and review ongoing individual performance and development planning,
- At least 3-5 years experience of field-level work in community development and/or emergency response, grants acquisition management, and experience in child-wellbeing/child-focused issues and programming
- Track record of successfully managing and/or supporting technical teams, demonstrating broad understanding of different technical sectors in an integrated manner
- Demonstrated ability to design and/or adapt programme quality and accountability standards and facilitate application
- At least 3-5 years experience managing people and a proven record of developing people and initiating and implementing organizational change.
- Networking and building partnerships, both within an organisation, and in promoting a more external-facing organisation
- Demonstrated ability to design and produce data-based reports and proposals, and design of organisational standards and guidance
- With strong technical knowledge or expertise required for the technical and sectors program and projects
- With strong facilitation skills and techniques
- Knowledge of key education project models & technical sector standards and good practice in programming.
- Experience in adapting, contextualising or replicating project models or best practice/s.
- Understanding of latest developments, research, and trends in the field of education in low income countries (and especially early grade reading).
- Knowledge and skills in assessment of learning outcomes.
Contact : email@example.com