TITLE: Corporate Engagement Specialist
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Save the Children (SC) Thailand has been working in Thailand since 1984 and currently oversees programs in Education, Child Rights, Child Protection and, Health and Nutrition across the emergency (humanitarian) and development spectrum. SC and its partners operate in over 15 Provinces in Thailand. SC has one headquarter office located in Bangkok and two field offices in Pattani and Mae Sot. Currently, SC’s portfolio includes a mix of donors (institutional, foundations, corporate) and operates most of its programs via grant funding.
Save the Children has identified significant potential to increase corporate giving support within its portfolio and is seeking a pro-active team player who can drive forward our corporate engagement strategy. The Corporate Engagement Specialist will increase our profile and secure funding from corporate donors comprising of local and multi-national companies, institutions, organizations, and foundations to gain monetary and non-monetary support for the Thailand Country Office.
The key roles and responsibilities are shown in detail below.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct: New Business Development Manager (Institutional and Corporate)
Dotted line to: Head of New Business Development - Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand Cluster
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The Corporate Engagement Specialist will be part of the Extended Country Management Team (ECMT) of Save the Children Thailand Country Office
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Planning / Implementation (40%)
- Develop and deploy corporate engagement strategies to meet the fundraising goals and targets of Save the Children (SCI) Thailand.
- Contribute to CO strategic portfolio planning with inputs related to corporate resource mobilisation.
- Develop cutting- edge presentation and engagement materials, working closely with the communications team where necessary
- Regularly visit, engage and pitch proposals to donors to secure corporate funding for SCI Thailand.
2. Partnering (20%)
- Research, identify, and engage potential donors to maintain a working portfolio.
- Engage the donors with regular communications including calls, SMS, e-mails, and other appropriate forms for relationship building, strengthening, and solicitation.
- Support the New Business Development Manager (Institutional and Corporate) and Thailand CO team to prepare for meetings with corporate partners by providing information on the partners’ CSR strategies and history of giving to SC, and within Thailand to other organisations
- Identify thematic priorities that align with donor interests and develop standardised concept notes for pitching to multiple donors
- Develop written content for tailored proposals and concept notes in collaboration with the programme team, ensuring that the content is engaging and well aligned with the donor interests
- Maintain updated information on donor interests, history of giving, key contacts etc on a functional CRM donor platform
- Regular engagement with SC member offices to identify potential corporate donors for the Thailand office
- Build trust and long term relationships with corporate donors with co-operation from the country team.
- Track corporate giving to the CO and provide regular updates on corporate engagement strategy implementation to the CO.
3. Reporting and communication to corporate donors (20%)
- In collaboration with SC member offices and the Thailand project teams, support donor communication for donors under member office account management
- Proactively account manage existing and new partnerships based in Thailand, including donor communications, progress reports and working closely with the project team"
4. People (20%)
- Work closely with the country team to get support on information and materials required for engaging and securing funding from corporate donors.
- Build positive relationships across SC departments to gain support and mobilise teams to engage with corporate donors
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in International Development, Marketing, Communication, Business Management or related fields.
- At least 3-5-years experience in fundraising, marketing, advertising or public relations.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or similar field with a proven track record of securing high value donations and relationships with corporate donors is preferred.
- Understanding of philanthropy market in Thailand.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other digital communication. Us
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Highly motivated, self-driven with determination to achieve.
- Good marketing skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and is a self-starter.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Thai and English.
- Able to meet donor expectations.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Team player with problem solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Able to travel up-country if needed.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI- anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerระดมทุน / Fundraisingเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager