TITLE: Child Protection Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Pattani Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1year contract with possibility of extension
Save the Children works to protect children from abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence by supporting the most deprived and marginalized children, strengthening child protection systems, ensuring all children access basic services, and advocating for children’s rights. We work with the Thai government to ensure the implementation of international standards. Through our programmes, children receive recovery support, safe family settings, and participate in community and governance processes on issues affecting their lives.
The Child Protection Program Coordinator serves as the lead for the Pattani-based programmatic portfolio on child protection. The Coordinator delivers against the CO’s strategic objectives in these thematic areas; ensures that all protection, rights and participation programming for children and young people reflects safe and quality programming, is age, gender and culturally appropriate, and effectively reaches populations with high levels of deprivation. The Coordinator line manages Pattani child protection operations staff and oversight relevant projects.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Pattani Field Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 1 Project Coordinator and 1 Senior Officer and 1 Project Officer (with flexibility for additional team members as portfolio develops)
Indirect: 1 Project Officer
Budget Responsibilities: Directly responsible for at least one project budget with ultimate accountability for all CP project budgets managed in Pattani office
Role Dimensions: Responsible for communication with local NGO and provincial level government partners
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Oversight and Management of CP Program
- Responsible for overall implementation of Pattani-based CP projects, and delegates responsibility for delivery of high-quality programming in line with the objectives of the country strategy.
- Lead on problem resolution, while ensuring that team members are involved in the decision making process.
- Overall accountable for LEAP II project and supervise Project Officer to lead on capacity development with the network and individual CSOs, monitor project activities and manage reporting.
- Lead in compiling information from partners/sub-grantees and drafting LEAP II Project reports, with support of the Child Protection Advisor, and ensure high quality, accurate reports are submitted to the donor on time.
- Manage LEAP II project budget and monitor project expenditure against budgets with the proper financial management of the Project.
- Organize kick off meeting for new child protection projects and lead in recruitment to ensure timely and effective start-up of new projects.
- Provide technical support to partners on the sub-award agreement and donor’s compliance. Make sure that the projects’ partners follow through with SCI standards in logistics, management and finance.
- Work closely with implementing and strategic partners (Academia, CSOs and Steering Committee) to ensure mutual agreement, shared benefits and accountabilities.
- Ensure programs are implemented in ways responsive to the communities and children with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and also following Save the Children and donor compliance procedures.
- Ensure that all programs have clear work plans including phased budget plan, detailed implementation plan, technical support and procurement plan
- Provide overall management support for the effective implementation of activities; including control over budget expenditures, while ensuring transparency and compliance with donor regulations.
- Produce timely and quality reports that ensure appropriate capturing of programme impact and outcomes as well as programme outputs based on logistical framework and M&E system.
- Oversee and monitor partners' performance in accordance with the agreement and as required per Save the Children policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all awards are closed out or phased out properly, i.e., according to award management guidelines and government requirements.
- Undertake additional tasks that are relevant to program management and activity implementation that may be assigned by her/his manager from time to time, including the development of new projects and the response to emergencies, in the area or at country level.
Program Development and Quality
Working closely with the Child Protection Advisor and Quality team (i.e. MEAL, Advocacy, and Communications and Campaigns leads), the CP Program Coordinator will support the following:
- Overall accountable for the quality of Child Protection project outcomes, ensuring project implementation is aligned with SCI quality standards, child safeguarding policies, and quality benchmarks
- Review proposal relate to Child Protection budgets and work plans to ensure viability of all proposed plans
- Liaise with proposed partners in project design
- Mobilize appropriate technical resources within the CO to support project outcomes
- Lead project teams to ensure that baseline and endline surveys as well as other evidence-building research studies are implemented effectively
- Implement MEAL tools to track and report on accomplishments and challenges, and link learning to continuous program improvement
Representation, Advocacy and Communication
- Work closely with the Senior Pattani Field Coordinator and Child Protection Advisor on coordination and advocacy with government, and non-governmental partners on issues concerning child protection in the Deep South.
- Coordinating with the Child Protection Advisor and Advocacy and Campaign Manager to develop advocacy plans and support information-gathering.
- Contribute, as requested by the Program Director and Child Protection Advisor to the development of the country strategy, and annual report
- Work with the Communication team to ensure high quality communication products linked to project and program objectives.
- Be proactive in coordinating with other stakeholders in the area which present similar focus, approach or target groups.
Staff and Team Management
- Establish clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
- Encourage good initiatives and innovative ideas for her/his staffs and be a supportive and empowering manager.
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate through appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Take a flexible and positive leadership style, adapting to a given situation or to the needs of the team.
- Establish measurable objectives, and ensure regular feedback on these through coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities; documenting performance that is less than satisfactory and providing recognition for good work.
- Encourage a culture of learning, creativity, innovation, and responsibility that achieves results and meets the needs of the beneficiary communities.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Save the Children staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- During an emergency, contribute to rapid assessment and response relate to child protection, or as advised by the Emergency Team leader or Program Director.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Master’s degree on social science or related to International Relations, Human Rights, Social Work
- At least 5 years’ experience of successful management of development programming, direct experience in child protection projects
- Very good written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An in-depth understanding of national and international issues in relation to child rights and child protection.
- Very good knowledge of project management cycle.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas as assigned.
- Ability to work well in a team and train other staffs and demonstrate experience efficiently managing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with capacity to coordinate multiple stakeholders, work under pressure and tight deadlines and manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to takes decisions when needed and prepared to account for them.
- Capacity to anticipates change and adapt the plans and priorities accordingly
- This position requires someone who can work flexibly and who has a background in chid protection system strengthening, community-based child protection, and/or child resilience.
- Ability to analyze information, to evaluate options, to capture learning and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of context of the Deep South
- Experience in managing a project by EU and USAID or another international donor
- Experience in a humanitarian/conflict and/or multi-ethnic setting.
- Experience working with the Deep South Civil Society organization
- Fluency in Pattani Malay
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager