The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) (Formerly PREVENTION, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre) is a leader in research and innovation in the prevention of HIV and other health issues. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on organizational development through effective human resources management and capacity development processes to enable our personnel to work as efficiently as possible. Based on equality and community participation, which drives good public health policy. In addition, IHRI is a regional resource for research, education and training.
The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) stands for the elimination of stigma and discrimination and respect for diversity, to allow individuals to truly demonstrate their full potential, meet challenges, and have opportunities for career advancement and personal development to build a creative society together with us.
Role Overview: The Program Manager (Implementation Science Unit) will oversee, lead and provide technical oversight in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the Key Population-Led Health Services model and related research for more innovative, effective and robust approaches and strategies. The Program Manager will strengthen, expand and sustain the research and service delivery capacities of KP-led organizations and facilitate the better use of data to inform and improve the quality of KPLHS and related policies and practices at all levels. This will involve engagement with advocacy activities to advance and highlight the critical role of key populations in ending AIDS.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Oversee, manage, provide technical oversight and support for all aspects of the studies and programs implemented under KPLHS model, including
- study preparation, launch, conduct of recruitment and development of study procedures, monitoring, evaluating and reporting
- preparation, implementation and evaluation of related programs
2. Ensure effective project plans and budget are in place and work proactively with the team to set priorities in accordance with project plan, study protocol, standard operating procedures (SOPs), ICH/GCP guidelines and regulatory requirements
3. Manage and oversee the implementation of research studies and programs, ensure that the studies enrollment is conducted in accordance with the stipulations of Good Clinical Practice and the approved study protocols, and that services which are implemented as part of the programs are evidence based and technically sound
4. Provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening to KP-led organizations, and other national and international organizations as requested
5. Lead the development and documentation of lessons learned and best practices from the studies and programs to support the further scaling up and replication of KPLSH model in other settings
6. Foster collaboration among principal investigators, field research teams, and implementing partners and represent the IHRI to advocate for KPLHS and related policies at all levels
7. Providing leadership on work supervision and decision making to team
8. Supporting finance and grants aspects of assigned programs
9. Supportive and partnership role to colleagues and overall staff
10. Representing IHRI
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen.
2. Master’s degree in public health, population studies, public administration, implementation science or a related field.
- 10 years’ experience in relevant HIV project management and implementation science experience required with at least 3 years as management role.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects and studies preferably with an international NGO.
- Good experience in project management, including project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, (USAID preferred).
- Experience working with government and local partners and institutions to influence program and policy change and develop capacity to conduct and use research data
- Knowledge of HIV and AIDS related to key populations and gender sensitivity
- Broad technical knowledge and competencies in the areas of HIV prevention, care and treatment, HIV testing and counselling, care and support for infected and affected children, HIV-related stigma and discrimination
- Knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR donor requirements and reporting (preferred)
- Key Population-Led Health Services concept
- Good Participatory Practice
- Human Rights
- Global and Thailand Ending AIDS strategy
5. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
6. Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staffs
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to email@example.com. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02 252 9958 or visit our website at www.ihri.org Application Deadline: 31 March 2021 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / 02-2529958 / 061-8689651