Job Title: Senior Driver
Band / Level / Grade: 10A
Location: Mae Hong Son
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Senior Driver works as part of the Mae Hong Son Operations team to ensure safety transportation, effective vehicle maintenance, developing and scheduling transportation movements for IRC Staffs in Mae Hong Son and visitors in compliance with the IRC vehicle policies and procedures.
- Organize schedule and supervise transportation assignments for all drivers on a weekly basis.
- Conduct the proper and timely routine check-ups, maintenance and repair in accordance with IRC policies for all IRC vehicles and ensure all vehicles are cleaned routinely both inside and outside.
- Monitor vehicle log-sheets, vehicle weekly inspection checklist (V17) and ensure that they are filled in accurately.
- Coordinate with supply chain and program focal points to arrange the necessary vehicle rental as requested.
- Ensure daily check of the safe transportation and loading for all IRC staff, visitors, emergency medical referral (EMR) patients, and other program supplies and equipment.
- Ensure weekly check of vehicle fuel pre-paid and coordinate with MHS gas station.
- Work with supply chain officer to prepare monthly fleet report.
- Request and prepare cash advances for driver’s trips out of Mae Hong Son and ensure prompt clearance upon completion of the trips.
- Ensure that all vehicle keys are on board and keep in the safe and proper place.
- Drive vehicle safely for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Ensure that the steps required by the IRC rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Supervise vehicle maintenance activities with driver, taking preventive care measure for vehicle management.
- Assist with Supply Chain to renew all vehicles plate registration, compulsory insurance and 3rd party insurance due date and cost.
- Ensure proper filing of all vehicle log-sheets on a monthly basis.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires and responding to care i.e. arranging for service when due.
- In charge of replenishment and monitoring replenishment of first aid kits, safety equipment, on board documentation, and vehicle maintenance tools in the vehicles
- Participate in professional vehicle training activities, as needed or requested.
- Provide safety driving skill/test to field drivers whenever necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: HR & Administration Manager
Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All IRC Staff (Operations Team and Programs)
Education: At least High school Certificate with Official Driving License
- 5 years experience driving off-road; and experiences in mechanics/vehicle maintenance.
- Good planning skills.
- Ability to priorities tasks and mentor other staff members.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Trouble shooting skills
- Service mind
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Good task prioritization skill and Good time and people management skill
- Basic computer proficiency of Microsoft Excel, Word
Languages and Computer skills:
- Good command of written and spoken Thai and/or local language
- Basic English (writing and speaking)
Certificates or Licenses: Thai driving license
Working Environment: The position will be based in Muang Mae Hong Son , Mae Hong Son Province.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link
+66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer