Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed – Term
Vacancy Number: 137972
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand oversees operations in 17 countries plus the Pacific, reaching 30 million people with assistance valued at US $3 billion. The portfolio ranges from humanitarian aid in Tajikistan, to school meals in Cambodia and Laos, supporting government social protection schemes in India and Pakistan, climate change adaptation in Nepal and Sri Lanka, nutrition for mothers and children in Bangladesh and Timor Leste, to emergency preparedness in Indonesia and the Pacific.
In alignment with WFP corporate direction and Regional priorities the incumbent will support with co-ordination of career and staff development, performance management, onboarding activities and assist with the implementation of the regional learning plan. Perform a variety of HR and administrative actions including HR data analytics and reporting to facilitate effective HR service delivery.
Reporting to the Regional HR Officer, the Human Resources Assistant will be assigned the following duties (not all-inclusive).
- Provide administrative support and coordination of various HR learning and development activities and initiatives such as onboarding of new employees, workshops and training events. Support the HR team with overall HR administration including HR travel/mission and any ad-hoc requests.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. performance management, mandatory training etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of readily available HR data.
- Extract, compile and analyse variety of data on HR activities, including budget & financial data analysis and statistics on Career Management and learning and development achievements and trends, including performance management and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Provide support with general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients including advice on WFP HR policies and procedures on career management and related activities.
- Draft and prepare a range of HR documentation required for various HR projects, planning and roll-out training related documents, ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with all key partners within the Regional Bureau, Country Offices and Headquarters.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Support with timely administrative action related to staff deployment to enable WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Any other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school education. A University degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business/Public Administration or related fields is an advantage.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four or more years of responsible work experience in Human Resources administration in a global/multinational organization. At least one year of working experience in the area of Staff training, Learning and Development and/or Performance Management is an advantage.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Working experience in the area of HR data analysis, statistics and reporting.
- Good number orientation and attention to detail with ability to analyze data and reports.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and ability to establish relationships with a variety of individuals across and outside WFP
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working experience in ERP/SAP systems and tools.
- Experience in training others on HR tools and procedural activities.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Thai.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Thursday 18 February 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the link below
“Qualified applicants, especially female applicants, are encouraged to apply”
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations
ทรัพยากรณ์มนุษย์ / Human resources