Promoting Financial Security of Older Women in Southeast Asia Project: (Pro-Older Women)
Job Title: Project officer/coordinator
Responsible to: Project Manager
Contract length: 1 year
Other relations: e.g., with financial and communication team, HelpAge gender focal point, etc
Foundation for Older Persons’ Development (FOPDEV) is recruiting a highly motivated people to work as a project officer on the Promoting Financial Security of Older Women in Southeast Asia project: (Pro-Older Women). The Pro-Older Women project is a multi-country pilot focusing on gender and age mainstreaming with overall goal of enhancing older women’s wellbeing through financial security to which Thailand as among pilot countries.
The project will support the efforts to develop a stronger network of ageing and women organizations in Thailand and Southeast Asia which is more capable in gender and ageing mainstreaming, mobilizing support for older women, and addressing the issues of older women. Through its partnerships and activities, the project expands the space for dialogue and facilitate the growth of public attitudes by amplifying the voice of older women, and promote ageing policy to be a gender – responsive.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities in Thailand, to ensure that they are effectively implemented and results are appropriately monitored and reported to which align with project objectives.
- Collaborate and strengthen partnership with women network organizations to support advocacy on promoting financial security of older women.
- Liaise and develop networks with government agencies, INGOs e.g., UN Women and media for the purposes of information dissemination to the public and encourage the Thai government’s efforts to make ageing policy to be a gender – responsive.
- Organize and deliver events/meetings including virtual meeting and undertake administration and logistic supports to potential partners and counterparts.
- Regularly communicate project updates on the implementation of activities in Thailand to Project manager and partners (Tsao Foundation and HelpAge International).
- Document and report on the outcomes of activities for monitoring and evaluation on a consistent basis, quarterly.
- Support the Project manager with the report to identify achievements, lessons learned, areas of improvement, and areas of new opportunities in ensuring the project objectives are being met.
- Provide support in preparing quarterly financial report and submitting for reimbursement, and manage the project budget.
- Work together with FOPDEV team to develop strategic plans and supporting materials to mainstream gender in ageing organization.
- Provide support to all concerned parties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Social Sciences, Public Policy, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in project management including budgeting and financial management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in coordinating and building strategic relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders and in strengthening advocacy networks.
- Interested in engaging in ageing and gender mainstreaming work and financial security of older women.
- Able to create infographic article and social media post is an advantage.
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Thai languages. Good public speaking, facilitation and communication skills.
- Excellent in Microsoft office computer software, and social media platforms.
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The words ‘Project Officer – Pro-Older Women’ in the email subject; and
- Your CV and cover letter (both in English)
Deadline of Applications:
Deadline for the job application by 20th Feb at 17:00 hrs.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator