USAID Southeast Asia’s Smart Power Program (“SE Asia Smart Power”)
Sr. Finance and Administration Manager – Job Description
Abt Associates’ International Development Division (IDD) manages projects that are pioneering new approaches in governance, energy, health, agriculture, food security, climate change, and economic growth—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The anticipated five-year, USAID Southeast Asia’s Smart Power Program (“SE Asia Smart Power”) will be a task order under the Energy II IDIQ designed to support and assist USAID and Southeast Asian partner countries achieve sustainable economic growth through targeted energy sector reforms. These reforms will promote energy security in the Southeast Asia region by improving reliability, increasing access, and providing affordable electricity as well as supporting countries and their utilities to achieve financial stability and avoid adverse health impacts from the energy sector by accelerating clean energy solutions. Toward these ends, the project will be structured to include the following six tasks:
- Task 1: Southeast Asia Power Utility Modernization
- Task 2: Southeast Asia Cooling Efficiency
- Task 3: Southeast Asia Energy Innovation and Emerging Trends
- Task 4: Southeast Asia Center for Competitive Procurement
- Task 5: Southeast Asia Power Trade and Grid Integration
- Task 6: Support to the Asia Gas Partnership
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Sr. Finance and Administration Manager to provide primary oversight and leadership of all administrative operations and financial reporting through the life of the program. S/he will oversee administrative and financial operations for the program; will supervise continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds; and have supervision over the travel and events functions and procurement and subcontracting processes. The position will be based in Abt’s Bangkok office and is contingent upon program award and USAID approval.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party for Operations.
- Develops and maintains sound financial management systems in line with U.S. Government and USAID rules and regulations, accounting best practices, Abt Associates policies and procedures, and Southeast Asian government requirements.
- Reviews financial analyses and budget vs. expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and takes appropriate actions as required.
- Maintains regular communications with the senior management team providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision-making purposes.
- Oversees financial audits and acts as liaison with external accounting firm.
- Supervises accounting, procurement and administration staff, ensuring that all functions are performed timely and accurately.
- Leads recruitment, orientation and training of new administrative or accounting staff.
- Leads procurement, subcontracting or grant-making activities and supports the tracking and compliance of subcontracts and subgrants.
- Negotiates with vendors for best terms for procuring goods, supplies and services in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other relevant field; master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least eight years of experience in managing finance, administration and procurement; conducting financial analysis and reporting; cash flow analysis; budget development; and forecasting on donor-funded projects.
- USAID experience strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and familiarity with QuickBooks and/or Quicken.
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multitask and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with government agencies, private sector counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Previous direct supervisory experience of professional and/or support staff.
- High level of attention to detail in preparation and review of program finance and administration documents and reports.
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitating in-depth and effective dialogues with internal team as well as with external stakeholders.
- Experience managing teams, consultants and subcontractors to ensure high-quality and timeline submission of technical work and deliverables.
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new concepts.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English.
- Prior experience in Southeast Asia preferred; experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; knowledge of a regionally relevant second language is an asset (Thai, Lao, Khmer, Vietnamese, Tagalog/Filipino, Bahasa Indonesia, etc.).
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer