Supports activities related to the procurement of materials, parts and equipment for
Asia Pacific Regional Officer (APRO) and country/project offices in the region. Submits and processes purchase orders as authorized following policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities. Assists with monitoring departmental costs, schedules and performance to ensure approval and payment of transactions completion. Coordinates purchasing activities with other departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists for department.
- Assists with developing bid specifications.
- Reviews requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met.
- Approves bills for payment and calculates costs of orders and forwards invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Maintains policies and procedures of FHI 360 , funder requirements, government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors.
- Checks shipments to ensure orders are filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers.
- Maintains documentation of purchase orders and verifies invoices for payment with accounting.
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure purchasing activities within functional areas are met and comply with government regulations and FHI 360 procedures.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
- Supervises preparation of orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders.
- Checks to make sure the accuracy of invoices for orders placed.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- Manages purchasing logistics pertaining to relocations of expatriate employees’ household goods.
- Monitors budget to ensure policies are adhered to and no overages occur with allowable expenses for all procurements.
- Serves as point of contact regarding custom regulations with International imports, exports, international commerce.
- Conducts internal audits with accounts payable to show compliance with company purchasing policies.
- Receives, examines and processes requisitions and other documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Compares costs and evaluates the quality, and need of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Interacts and corresponds with vendors to keep abreast of new products and market trends.
- Analyzes purchasing trends to determine best practices and cost for the company.
- Assists with the training and developing of policies and procedures for staff and functional areas.
- Inventories equipment assist with filtering equipment throughout the asset management life cycle and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition.
- Review procurement and consultant packages prepared by Country Office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of company policies and standards for procurement services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office and computer software skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are complex in scope and require evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Provides guidance to departmental areas.
- Serves as point of contact regarding purchasing.
- Supervision requirements are limited to financial signature authority assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in Business Administration or Related Field.
- At least 5 years of procurement and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with internal and external clients
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal .
** We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only **
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant