This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Applicants should consult the Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS), UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev. 1 dated 30 March 2020. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
Internal candidates: An applicant who has internal status is
1) a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country.
2) Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
3) Candidates who have been granted group 2 status.
External candidates: All the others who meet the essential minimum requirements of the position. Applicants who are not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
For internal candidates (Group 1 & Group 2): If you are a current employee of our organization or have been enrolled in Group 2, please use the following link instead:
For external candidates: Please submit your letter of motivation, signed Personal History Form by e-mail-mail clearly stating the position title, Job ID and your Last Name in the subject line to RBAPHR@UNHCR.ORG by the closing date.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Medical Admin Assistant/Nurse is under direct supervision of Senior Medical Officer (SMO).
As part of the Medical Section team, and in support to the SMO, the Senior Medical Admin Assistant/Nurse will provide administrative, logistic, support to the health projects/programmes and emergency support identified at strategic planning S/he will also collaborate very closely with other regional/HQ medical offices, , . The incumbent works in strict respect of medical confidentiality.
This position is responsible for supporting the Medical Section daily administrative activities in the duty station and supporting the implementation of health promotion programmes, travel medicine and emergency medicine and occupational health interventions.
The Senior Medical Admin Assistant/Nurse is expected to regularly update his/her medical competencies and knowledge, as for all medical colleagues, especially within the domains of travel medicine, infectious diseases, occupational medicine and emergency and disaster medicine.
The Senior Medical Admin Assistant/Nurse should be aware of the rules and procedures regarding the social security of UNHCR staff and their families, strong experience in and familiarity with occupational health and safety standards
Work relations within UNHCR foresee contacts daily with clients in the duty station in respect of medical evacuations, sick leave, education and dependency grants and other medical administrative matters. It also foresees working relationships with health care providers, interagency counterparts and other stakeholders. The post requires a strong degree of cultural awareness and capacity to positively interact with people of diverse backgrounds. Current operational circumstances require frequently long working hours. Stressful work context, therefore capacity for self-care is critical.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Completion of nursing course with recognized nursing qualification
Experience in nursing, in a capacity directly relevant to the current position, preferably in a UN medical service or equivalent environment.
Experience, with ongoing professional development in the field of travel/tropical medicine.
Experience in health promotion, prevention and protection campaigns.
Excellent communication, presentation and drafting skills and ability to understand diverse medical terminology.
Strong knowledge and full command of the most common office digital software.
- Receive, review and route all incoming material, indicating priority items and place the information along with any background information with the digital medical file for the attention of the physician.
- Exercise absolute confidentiality when dealing with medical issues.
- Receive clients, arrange client consultations and respond to enquiries of a medical-administrative nature.
- Prepare correspondence of a medical and semi-technical nature.
- Provide administrative support to travel, training and other operational activities of the SMO if needed.
- Utilizing Occupational health electronic record system.
- Process mission requests, recruitment, periodic and exit examinations and verify that the medical file is complete.
- Process requests for medical evacuations of staff.
- Handle all documentation relating to maternity leave, sick leave and, if necessary, forward sick leave notices to the administration.
- Consolidate statistics in respect of mortality and morbidity, evacuations, service incurred accidents, sick leave, compensation claims, and disability cases for the countries of responsibilities.
- Perform medical travel advice.
- Administer recommended vaccines on a case-by-case basis (following standard operating procedures of the Medical Section which are based on World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control recommendations) and record the administered vaccines on the international vaccination card and in the staff member’s medical dossier.
- Provide support to the SMO in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health protection programmes concerning UNHCR staff.
- Assist SMO in the conduct of health hazard evaluations at duty stations through epidemiological survey, etc.; as well as in
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant
ชัยชนะของพลังประชารัฐ คือ ความพ่ายแพ้ของประชาธิปไตย
ศรีสุวรรณร้อง ป.ป.ช.สอบจริยธรรมร้ายแรงบิ๊กการเมืองและ ขรก.จัดมหกรรมชกมวยจะนะ