Title: Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Program Assistant
Report to: Senior Clinical Manager
Location: Maesot , Tak province
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Program Assistant, Reproductive Health will provide administrative and clerical support for camp-based RCH staff in Tak camps. The Program Assistant is a member of the Health program and reports to the Senior Clinical Manager
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, such as birth certification, medical records and follow up etc.
- Under the guidance of Senior Clinical Manager (RCH), daily monitor an implementation of Reproductive health activity plans. Ensuring CBAs get sufficient technical and administrative support to run the activities according to work plan.
- Assist Senior clinical Manager (RCH) to prepare for initial training of new staff and volunteers as required.
- Assist Senior Clinical Manager (RCH) to deliver basic education and educational materials to patients concerning reproductive health
- Assist Senior Clinical Manager (RCH) to communicate with doctor in-charge of Thai Hospitals and EMR staffs before referral to Thai Hospitals
- Manage and check pharmacy, hospital supply and monthly vaccine request of RCH program regularly
- Monitor RCH activities such as immunization and growth monitoring) according to Thai MOPH EPI guideline regularly and provide feedback to CBAs
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Senior Clinic Manager.
- Submit monthly delivery certificate to local MOI
- Monthly update procurement plan and raise PR according to the request of Senior Clinical Manager
- Day to day monitoring on Reproductive Health activities in camps, 40% for Maela, 30% for Umpiem and Nupo, 30% for office work
- Monthly stock update including medicine, medical equipment and supplies
- Arrange the logistic arrangement of refresher trainings and community-based health education sessions related to RCH activities of all 3 camps including attendant sheets, raising PR and reports
- Other tasks assigned by Senior Clinical Manager according to needs
Duration of Work:
The period of the consultation is 3 months (January 2021- 12 April 2021)
Terms of payment:
The consultant shall submit an invoice and timesheet at the end of each month.
The payment of the consultant will be paid on the 7th of the following month after the required deliverables are submitted to the IRC Senior Clinical Manager and get his/her approval.
- High school with more than one year’ experiences in health, public health and administration support
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or public health with minimum 1 years of experience in NGO environment or health services
- Ability to work well in a team
- Professional character
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Working in refugee camp setting or a developing country strongly preferred
Languages and computer skills:
- Computer literate, able to develop presentations and electronic training materials
- Fluency in Karen, Thai and English
- Other local languages, such as Burmese is an added advantage
If you are interested, please submit CV and cover letter to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Application deadline: 26 Jan 2021
+66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer