DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY – Bangkok
DAI (Thailand) Ltd, an international consulting firm, is recruiting highly qualified and motivated governance and conflict mitigation specialist as the Deputy Chief of Party on the USAID-funded Together program in Thailand. Based in Bangkok, the period of employment for this position is approximately two years with possibility of extension. The position is open to Thai Nationals only.
Initiated in August 2018, Together is a four-year activity that works with the Royal Thai Government to strengthen its capacity to engage and communicate with citizens, increasing its ability to effectively address citizen concerns and strengthen social cohesion. Together collaborates with CSOs to improve their capacity to advocate for public interests and work with government to develop solutions to common challenges. Through its partnerships and activities, Together expands the space for dialogue and reconciliation, and facilitates the growth of attitudes, networks, and mechanisms that nurture peace, tolerance and responsive governance.
- Provide leadership in designing program strategy, approach and implementation plans, with focus on activities with partner Royal Thai Government agencies in focus provinces and districts.
- Serve as primary liaison with senior Royal Thai Government counterparts and civil society partners on technical and managerial issues.
- Lead and manage program staff and partner CSO and Royal Thai Government representatives in identifying program opportunities, and to design, implement and monitor technical activities.
- Support and encourage engagement between provincial Royal Thai Government, civil society organizations, the private sector, media and other civil society groups to build capacity to mitigate conflicts in focus areas of the program.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in technical positions working to build the capacity of provincial and district government agencies and CSOs and to strengthen government-citizen engagement, including significant work experience with Royal Thai Government agencies.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in senior management positions on donor-funded programs working on governance and conflict mitigation issues in Thailand and/or the region. Experience working with Royal Thai Government agencies and CSOs on these issues is preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of issues related to governance in Thailand and the technical aspects of governance programming and ability to work effectively in politically sensitive environments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and to work collegially and collaboratively with other staff and other organizations and ability to work with groups and individuals across the political spectrum at local and national levels.
- Broad networks with relevant Royal Thai Government agencies, civil society organizations and social movements in Thailand
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation and communication skills. Fluent English and Thai reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Advanced university degree in related field, including political science, sociology, and public administration.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (both in English) to ThailandRecruitment@dai.com by 31 January 2021.
Please specify the position title in the subject line of the transmittal email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager