United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 41/2020
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
28 December 2020
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
11 January 2021
Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Availability of the Post Tentatively from 1 February 2021 until 31 December 2021.
1. General Background
Thailand hosts along the Thai-Myanmar border some 90,000 displaced people (refugees) from Myanmar over the last three decades. UNHCR Offices are engaged in a range of activities to support the Royal Thai Government (RTG) in ensuring their international protection and seeking solutions to the protracted refugee situation. UNHCR employs a multi-solutions strategy in which various ideas and modalities for protection and solution are implemented to address the challenges in line with the international efforts and development through the Global Compact of Refugees and Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Interpreter/Protection Clerk, as an integral part of the Protection/Field Team, will assume a wide range of responsibilities of the team engaged in protection outreach, coordination, advocacy and protection monitoring activities with rights- and community-based approaches, as below.
- Provide interpretation/transition for all the units (Field, Protection, Durable Solution, Registration and Admin) in the office as required in relevant operational languages (i.e., Karenni, Karen, Thai, Burmese, English).
- Closely supervise CPTs (Camp Protection Teams) to gather up-to-date information of the camps.
- Conduct various surveys in the camps as per the office’s guidance.
- Participate in distribution activities in the camps.
- Support/Conduct focus groups discussions in the camps.
- Prepare and disseminate information in the refugee camps as per the office’s instructions.
- Conduct simple follow-ups on protection cases under the close guidance of the Supervisor.
- Update the UNHCR proGres database with relevant case information.
- Perform other related functions, as instructed by the Supervisor.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Quality of interpretation/translation will be regularly assessed by the direct supervisor and other staff members.
- Quality and types of assistance provided in protection/durable solutions/registration/Admin work will be regularly assessed by the direct supervisor and other staff members.
- Number of focus group discussions, surveys, and other outreach activities will depend on the prevailing operational conditions.
- Code of Conduct and PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) sessions will be held on a regular basis.
- Performance evaluation will be conducted by the direct supervisor at the end of the contract.
4. Qualifications and Experience
Required language Skills
5. Key Competencies/Qualifications
Please submit your Motivation Letter, duly signed P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport clearly stating the position title, vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to: THABAHR@unhcr.org by the closing date.
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
Contact : email@example.com