Job Title: Assistant, Capacity Building Coordination
Job Type: 3 months contractor
Department: Legal and Aftercare
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has many field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC. In Thailand, IJM Foundation works with Thai authorities and non-government partners to eliminate human trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries, with support from the Walmart Foundation. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and human trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength, while IJM’s Public Engagement team works to build strategic partnerships with civil society organizations, corporate and business stakeholders, local community and faith leaders and other partners of good will.
IJM is seeking a Capacity Building Coordination Assistant to support the capacity building task of our Legal and Aftercare Strategy. The Capacity Building Coordination Assistant will work closely with the Head of Legal and Aftercare Department and provide excellent training administrative support to the training and capacity building programs and events of the Legal and Aftercare department. This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand. This position reports to the Head of Legal and Aftercare Department.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide excellent administrative assistance to support the training and capacity building programs and events of the Legal and Aftercare department.
- Assist HOD of Legal and Aftercare in supporting the administrative activities of the Legal and Aftercare strategy work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as the IJM focal point to coordinate with the hotels during the trainings so that the coordinator can focus on the training session itself;
- Provide three bids for venues of the trainings and process hotel payments; meeting package, accommodation, and room rental;
- Prepare training materials and support documents for trainings and activities/workshops in government shelters (e.g. printing training materials, printing name tags, arranging training folders, preparing certificates for training participants);
- Prepare invoices and receipts for each training speaker;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the training and capacity building programs, events, and activities of the Legal and Aftercare department;
- Develop relationships with vendors, negotiate agreements for services, calls for bids, and process for payment;
- Coordinate for travel arrangements, travel payment to guests, draft agendas, correspondences;
- Coordinate for hotel arrangements, guest speakers, translators, note takers and payments;
- Manage minor purchasing and the procurement of legal or aftercare equipments and supplies;
- Provide other support to Legal and Aftercare department as required; and
- Assist Head of Aftercare and Aftercare team in any other tasks as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum one-year experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced, professional environment; two to three years’ experience strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good written and spoken English and Thai required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizing skill and attention to detail
- Superior ability to manage large number of tasks simultaneously and proven ability to consistently meet deadlines with excellence
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity
- Meticulous attention to detail, sound judgment, ability to take initiative and provide constructive feedback, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Disciplined with priorities and works well under deadline pressures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience or desire to work comfortably within a multi-ethnic team
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills; willingness to initiate actions and ideas, with exceptional follow-through
- Sustained positive attitude
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM Foundation's mission
- Interested person please submit IJM Application Form with your CV to BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org
- Only completed applications (IJM Job Application Form and CV) will be reviewed.
- For further information, visit our website https://www.ijm.org/careers/field-and-partner-office-job-openings/
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้ช่วย / Assistantนักกิจกรรม / Activist