The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok
seeks to fill the following position:
Humanitarian Affairs Adviser
Based in Hat Yai
- Humanitarian Affairs Adviser provides support to the Southern Thailand Team in understanding and influencing the wider humanitarian environment in the given context.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Listens to and understands the main views and policy objectives of key government bodies, UN agencies, humanitarian organizations and NGOs and the dynamics related to humanitarian affairs.
- Advises the delegation on national issues and political affairs and how they impact/relate to humanitarian action.
- Supports and advises the delegation in achieving diplomacy and policy objectives.
- Cultivates a network of contacts related to humanitarian affairs beneficial to the Southern Thailand Team.
- Under supervision of Head of Southern Thailand Team and Field Team Leader, maintains regular contacts with the authorities (e.g. government structure, army) and Thai Red Cross.
- Supports arrangement of trainings/meetings with the authorities.
Your education and experience:
- University degree in a relevant subject (e.g. social/political sciences).
- 3-5 years’ overall professional experience.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in humanitarian action or political affairs.
- Proven experience in cultivating networks and influencing others.
- Experience in communication with the authorities (e.g. government structure, army) is a strong asset.
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Thailand and the Southern Borders Provinces.
- Solid understanding of national/regional relations and their interplay with humanitarian affairs.
- Knowledge of multilateral organizations/fora/agencies and platforms.
- Fluent command of English and Thai
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent writing skills in Thai & English.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international context
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline for applications: 18 December 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: February 2021
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer