The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok
seeks to fill the following position:
Communication Field Officer
Based in Hat Yai
The Communication Officer 2 contributes to designing, planning and implementing communication projects and activities in coordination with Field Team Leader (or management of the structure) in Hatyai and the Communications Manager in Bangkok. S/he helps to position the ICRC in the Southern Border Provinces (SBPs) and contributes to representing the ICRC externally and building the necessary understanding and acceptance of and support for the ICRC among stakeholders.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Develops Operational Communication tools (FAQ, basic PPT, leaflets, perception surveys’ templates, analysis of social dynamics, etc) aiming at enhancing the image and acceptance of the ICRC in the SBPs, in close collaboration with the Communications Manager in Bangkok.
- Works closely with operational department colleagues in order to develop comprehensive community engagement activities, under the supervision of the Field Team Leader for the SBPs.
- When possible, produces content (features stories, photos, content for social media, audio-visual material, and others) to be used for communication/public communication purposes aiming at enhancing the image and acceptance of the ICRC in the SBPs, in close collaboration with the communication team/Communications Manager in Bangkok and under the supervision of the Field Team Leader for the SBPs.
- Develops/updates presentations about the ICRC and the different activities in the SBPs to be used by the communications team and other departments, under the supervision of the Field Team Leader.
- Manages the print production needs of the different departments in close coordination with the print production officer in Bangkok.
- Oversees the stock management of publications and promotional items and ensures that requisition orders are placed in time and to budget.
- Is the focal point for the Field Production Book in the structure thus in charge of planning the yearly print/promotional items consumption of the different departments in the structure, in coordination with the print production officer in Bangkok.
- Contributes to developing tools for community engagement, public and digital communication or other COM programmes to be implemented in the SBPs.
- Supports Communications Manager as well as the operational departments in the structure in networking with relevant stakeholders for access/acceptance & trust issues and represents the ICRC to various audiences, under the supervision of the Field Team Leader.
- Networks with media present in the SBPs to build the relationship, explain the role and activities of the ICRC in the SBPs and enhance the acceptance, awareness and visibility of the ICRC in the SBPs, under the supervision of the Field Team Leader.
- Supports the Environment Scanning officer based in Bangkok in monitoring political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to ICRC’s reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the SBPs.
- Trains ICRC staff members on Operational Communication in order to equip them with the necessary information and messaging to be used with their interlocutors.
- Supports communication-related training for the staff members in the field structure.
- May support Humanitarian Affairs Advisor for communication with the authorities (ISOC 4 FW, Thai Red Cross etc.)
- When needed, drafts/translates official documents.
Your education and experience:
- University degree or equivalent (preferably Master’s Degree) in communications, journalism or public relations.
- Fluent spoken Thai & English.
- Excellent writing skills in Thai & English.
- Computer skills (proficiency with MS office); familiarity with digital communication tools.
- Certificate in interpretation or translation is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years-work experience in a field relevant to communication or journalism (preferably in an international organization).
- Field experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law or related fields is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Thailand, particularly the Southern Border Provinces (SBPs).
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international context
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline for applications: 18 December 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: February 2021
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer