Field Project and M&E Assistant
ActionAid is an international organization, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand (request to travel on project fields)
Field Project and M&E Assistant assists EU Education Project Manager and is responsible for implementing the project and monitoring & evaluation country-level activities of AAT Education Projects. S/he works in collaboration with the Program team to design a project monitoring system for tracking and measuring the partner’s capacity to address education reflects the country contexts and meet AAT standards. S/he is responsible for overall M&E activities, system, developing/designing M&E tools and reports, and to maintain updated the program database.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Contribute to the strategy in field of EU Education Project at country level.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the project related work in accordance with the Country Strategic Paper.
- Provide supports to partners on project activities.
- Work with EU Education Project Manager to build stakeholder’s capacity and oversee implementation of activities.
- Support EU Education Project Manager and different stakeholders to achieve the objectives of programme in charge
- Develop detailed programme activities and collaborate tasks to specific Partners.
- Conduct regular field level visits to project areas and units to provide support, supervision and provide guidance on project implementation.
- Ensure all project activities are sensitive to and responsive to changes in the political, social, and economic environments aligning with the project objectives.
- Manage the budget utilization of the project activities and M&E.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support AAT program M&E system, including the measurement of project indicators, designing monitoring tools, setting up the data flow system, and conducting data quality assurance and reporting.
- Monitor the results of the project activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments of specific interventions; contribute to dissemination of results to internal and external audiences.
- Work with the EU Education Project Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to EU Education Project’s Standard Operational Procedures.
Policy Research and Advocacy
- Establish and maintain good relationship with local government officials, local authorities and other influential stakeholders to support project, activities.
- Develop networks of local organizations to provide technical support to project activities.
- Organize workshops and trainings to community groups, local authorities and other stakeholders to enhance their understanding and supports on project issues.
- Engage in the development of appropriate research with a view to improving the quality of field work and influencing change in policy to improve the quality of life for the people living in poverty.
Issue Resolutions, Crisis/Risk Management
- Maintain an awareness of any possible crisis or risk to the organisation funding and donor relations and develop plans that will provide for such contingencies
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities & social sciences, education and other related fields
- Monitoring and Evaluation certification, is an advantage.
- At least 1-year relevant experience in a multi-cultural working environment, preferably an NGO.
- Experience in the field of educational development, adult learning and child development
- Experience in participatory methodologies and M&E
- Extensive knowledge of the system, policies and issues of Thai Education.
- Knowledge of policies and issues related to Human Rights
- Extensive administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and communications
- Good analytical skills & interpersonal skills
- Good English and Thai communications, able to communicate
- Documenting, report writing, and project training proposal skills are preferable
- Work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Able to travel on project fields as per requested.
- A committed, mature with high level of integrity, friendly, detail focused and engaged
- Thai nationality
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resumes with two referees, including a cover letter indicating the dates of availability and salary expectation to email: email@example.com by Wednesday, 30 December 2020 at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer