The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok
seeks to fill the following position:
Based in Bangkok
Networking Adviser assists the Management of Bangkok Regional Delegation and the Regional Networking Manager in Thailand and three other States of the Mekong Region (Cambodia, Lao PDR and Vietnam) to identify, connect with and maintain up-to date networks of interlocutors and mapping of key contacts, including in public services, academic, religious and civil society groups, with adapted databases for information sharing and knowledge management.
Your main responsibilities:
- Carries out institutional analysis of the groups/networks and issues linked to them in his/her area or expertise.
- Contributes to devising networking priorities and proposes a regional plan of action related to the Mekong and its environment.
- Manages information through accurate reporting, database maintenance, exchanges between sub-sites and delegations and, more generally, by rigorously documenting relevant developments in the context and workstreams he or she is associated with.
- Develops a 'network of trust' at field delegate/officer level within ICRC sites across the region, thus contributing to ICRC’s analysis, acceptance, relevance and security.
- Supports the Management in the Delegation networking strategy with the four countries of the Mekong Region and their environment (including Myanmar and China).
- Helps brief incoming delegates and officers on community leaders, religious authorities, academic and philanthropic organizations.
- Helps organize internal seminars and workshops tailored for specific external audiences.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- 4-6 years' overall professional experience with humanitarian or international organization
- University degree (preferably a master's) in humanities.
- Fluent command of English and Thai; additional language like Chinese or language used in the Mekong region is an asset
- Computer proficiency
- Successfully created a network of new contacts and partners in a ICRC site (office or sub-delegation) or with an external organization, mapped the environment and identified new humanitarian issues.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline for applications: 20 December 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, with salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: January/February 2020
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer