International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organization that protects the vulnerable from violence by partnering with government authorities to rescue victims, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen criminal justice systems so they protect the vulnerable from violence and abuse long-term. . IJM is a global team of lawyers, social workers and other professionals. IJM has many field offices across the globe, including multiple offices in Southeast Asia. IJM is headquartered in Washington, DC. In Thailand, IJM Foundation works with Thai authorities and non-government partners to eliminate human trafficking and forced labor from the Thai fishing and seafood industries, with support from the Walmart Foundation. IJM lawyers, fieldworkers, social workers and other professionals support Thai law enforcement, social services, prosecutors and the courts to identify and prosecute cases of forced labor and human trafficking crimes, and restore labor trafficking survivors to safety and strength, while IJM’s Public Engagement team works to build strategic partnerships with civil society organizations, corporate and business stakeholders, local community and faith leaders and other partners of good will.
IJM is seeking a Coordinator, Public Engagement to build and support partnerships, external communication and related public
engagement initiatives of the Bangkok FO that will strengthen systems of justice that protect vulnerable communities from
violence. We are looking for a professional who is passionate about the IJM mission and willing to apply his or her skills in
connecting and developing relationships with diverse stakeholders, communication, coordination and administrative support.
This position is based in Bangkok, Thailand and may require occasional travel within Thailand and the region. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Public Engagement.
Key Result Areas:
1. Support Senior Manager, PE to build and support partnerships, external communication and related public engagement initiatives of the Bangkok FO
2. Coordinate with partners on and provide logistical support for public engagement events, including conferences, workshops, trainings and other events
Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Knowledge Development & Implementation
1. Assist the Senior Manager, Public Engagement and Senior Coordinator, Partnership in the overseeing and reporting on the FO’s community engagement initiatives
Networking & Partnership
1. Coordinate with team members, partners and volunteers and keep them updated on the development of on-going projects
Events and Logistics
1. Coordinate with partners on and provide logistical support for public engagement events, including conferences, workshops, trainings and other events
General Accounting & Statutory Compliance
1. Assist with public engagement team budget management and take responsibility for monitoring of team expenditure.
Clerical and Administration
1. Lead short-term projects and initiatives as requested by Director
2. Update and maintain database of external stakeholders
3. Draft emails, memos, reports and other internal and external communication materials
4. Provide administrative support including organizing, filing and documentation for the department
5. Coordinate travel arrangements and draft agendas for department trips
1. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Public Engagement
2. No reporting line to this position
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor’s level university degree in relevant field
2. At least 3 years of related work experience
1. Interested in and have basic understanding of social issues, Thai civil society, and current media/news trends and patterns
2. Fluent spoken and written English and Thai
3. Basic photography & videography skills (preferred)
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Confident communicator who can build rapport with vendors, partners, and other stakeholders to access resources necessary for programming
2. Proven ability to work well at an inter-personal level with diverse stakeholders
3. Organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through and accountability for results
4. Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results
6. Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team
7. Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture, in addition to ability to work effectively in Thai and other Southeast Asian working styles and business cultures
8. Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment
9. Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
10. Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity
11. Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication
12. Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values
Contact : BangkokRecruiting@ijm.org