The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok
seeks to fill the following position:
Assistant and Information Management Officer
Based in Bangkok
The Assistant and Information Management Officer will provide high-level administrative support and oversee information management. S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence and standard tools, ensuring a coordinated and consistent workflow, and act as the focal person for information management policies/rules/guidelines and written protocols, correspondence and related computer tools such as SharePoint, Lotus Notes databases and web-based application. S/he supports project management within the RRN team, ensuring that the project framework is followed, and methodology and tools are used correctly.
Your main responsibilities:
- The Project Officer is responsible for providing executive support to the Head of the Regional Resources Network (RRN) and its Bangkok-based members supporting operations for ICRC delegations in Asia and the Pacific (OP/ASIA).
- Manages projects and files as delegated by the Head of the RRN and facilitates cross-cutting projects within the RRN.
- Under supervision of the RRNC and in cooperation with the concerned RRN members, writes project proposals, progress reports and action plans;
- Plans and executes the Quarterly RRN Newsletter,
- Represents the RRNC in working groups, task forces or meetings and makes reports
- Independently plans management events and facilitates the RRN members’ contribution to the annual planning process
- Facilitates the organisation of the RRN work and supports the logistical arrangements for RRNC missions.
- Contributes to the drafting and/or the finalisation of position papers.
- Contributes to the implementation of better compliance and accountability mechanisms;
- Upon request, represents the Head of the RRN and other RRN members in working groups, task forces or meetings and prepares reports (internally and externally);
- Facilitates the annual planning process
- Manages and coordinates a coherent and efficient flow of information, ensuring that policies, procedures and directives are applied by all staff members.
- Writes and revises information-management and communication procedures.
- Sets goals and priorities and determines the resources required (technical or relays) to achieve the objectives based on the Information Management strategy.
- Implements, manages and monitors projects and programs related to the Information Management; briefs and trains Staff.
- Ensures information (electronic and paper documents) is shared among staff members.
- Manages and monitors computer tools such as SharePoint, databases (IBM Lotus Notes), Web-based application, including access rights and policy, and updates information in these reference tools; acts as a reference person for the ICRC intranet.
- Independently initiates, drafts, edits and finalizes correspondences, presentations, decision-making documents, and other documents; prepares briefing files.
- Acts as reference person for all written correspondence/documents ensuring protocols is applied.
- Oversees the distribution of mails, appointments for the Management team, the organization of external meetings and events, and welcoming of visitors.
- Supervises the management and updates of the Contact database.
- Ensures the record management and archives are well maintained, stored and accessible according to the institutional policy and directives.
- Ensures staff are briefed and trained on written protocols and correspondence, rules on record management, archiving, information management and related tools and protection of data
- Provides support among Operations for Asia and The Pacific (OP/ASIA) delegations.
- University degree or equivalent certification, master’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Assistant or similar function, preferably in an international organization or company.
- Excellent project development and management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English-language writing and verbal skills: previous experience in report-writing desirable
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline for applications: 2 December 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: February 2021
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer