The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok
seeks to fill the following position:
Supply Chain Officer
Based in Bangkok
The ICRC regional delegation in Bangkok provides assistance to victims of violence and works with authorities in order to improve the conditions in detention facilities. It is covering operations in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. It also endeavors to promote and to strengthen humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
As part of the Logistics Department, the ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok wish to appoint an experienced and motivated Supply Chain Officer. S/he ensures that all customers’ needs are understood, met, delivered & well communicated.
Your main responsibilities:
- Processes & fulfils clients'(s) orders according to the ICRC’s logistics and financial procedures, and pre - established Fulfilment Guidelines.
- Ensures that the priorities set by the Supply Chain Coordination are followed.
- Keeps those requesting services regularly informed about progress on their requests.
- Records and files documents pertaining to the ordering process; registers and transmits claims and remarks from those requesting services.
- Updates logistics dashboards and provides statistics.
- Contributes to supply-chain support for an assigned geographical area or specific group of products.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work, with capacity to engage, persuade and influence others
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in administration or within a supply-chain or logistics department.
- Good knowledge of the supply chain
- University degree in logistics, administration or equivalent experience
- Good command of spoken and written English and the local working language.
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewable
- A competitive salary with benefits
Deadline for applications: 26 November 2020
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: January 2021
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้ช่วย / Assistant