The Proposal Manager will be responsible for proposal development - ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating internal flow and review of all proposal inputs, coordinating schedules, coordinating activities with cross functional business areas, and directing submission of the final proposal. S/he will also support the Regional Business Development Director, APRO on partnership, strategy and business planning for the Asia-Pacific Region.
Partnership, Strategy and Business Planning
- Contributes to regional and global business planning activities including participation in key meetings, training programs and regional proposal development efforts.
- Contributes to partnering decisions and negotiations with the Regional Business Development Director, APRO
- Maintains relationships with sponsors, governmental agencies, universities, multinational, and other non-governmental organizations.
- Builds capacity and mentorship to peers and country teams on capture/proposal development
- Represents FHI 360 at external engagements – meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Partners with the technical leader to deliver a compliant, competitive proposal to the client on time. Oversees the entire proposal process, making sure that every member of the proposal team, including sub- and prime contractors, knows what is expected of him/her and when tasks are due.
- Creates the proposal schedule and keeps track of proposal progress (technical and business).
- Ensures milestones are met and proposals receive appropriate review(s).
- Assists the technical leader to ensure compliance with solicitation.
- Communicates changes or new information to the entire team.
- Helps develop and communicate proposal strategy.
- Prepares proposal responsibility and compliance outline.
- Undertakes routine writing and editing assignments. This can include corporate capability statements, past performance reports, bio-summaries/resumes, briefing notes, and other assigned writing pieces
- Assists the technical leader in securing resources, such as authors and reviewers.
- Provides updates on assigned proposals for accurate system tracking.
- Archives final proposal documentation and ensures bid strategy implementation and compliance.
- May identifies, tracks, and circulates opportunities to key internal stakeholders.
- Supports bid planning, intelligence gathering, field research, data collection, competitive analyses and partnership strategy.
- Facilitates bid/no bid decision-making.
- Helps develop win themes, strategies and design approaches.
- Performs other work assigned.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology of proposal development.
- Extensive knowledge of proposal management conventions.
- Effective organizational skills and track record for effectively managing proposal teams of diverse levels of seniority and experience.
- Effective communication skills required for providing diplomatic and constructive comments to clients.
- Skill in observing detail.
- Ability to foster good customer relationships to build client base .
- Ability to understand and follow written guidelines, including departmental policies, FHI 360 policies and procedures, and work orders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and other staff.
- Effective multi-tasking and flexibility to meet competing needs and sensitive deadlines.
- Skill in abstracting, condensing, or writing general information for inclusion in proposal documents.
- Ability to manage short-term, long-term proposals of varying complexity.
- Ability to analyze tasks and determine appropriate level of effort.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize own work and to adapt to changes in priorities, workload, and workflow.
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers and may partially exercise responsibilities in assigning and directing work.
- Good understanding of the program sectors within APRO and other business units.
- Ability to step in to fill gaps during proposal development process if no other resources can be identified within timeframe
- Bachelor's Degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences or Related Field. Master's Degree Preferred
- 5 - 10 years in program design, project management or other related work; at least 3-5 years in proposal development is preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal .
** We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only **
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager