TECHNICAL PROGRAM OFFICER
USAID Clean Power Asia Program, Remote-based
Abt Associates’ International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a global leader in technical assistance, program implementation, and international development seeks qualified individuals to fulfill a consultancy for a Technical Program Officer for the USAID Clean Power Asia program. This consultancy will be at least 30 hours weekly. While the program is based in Bangkok, this role will be home-based, with a preference for those located in the Asia-Pacific region for time zone reasons.
The purpose of USAID Clean Power Asia is to accelerate the regional transition to a high performing, low carbon power sector. The program assists the governments of the Lower Mekong and other developing countries in Asia in energy planning and helps establish an effective policy, regulatory, and technical environment for low emissions growth in the power sector, while simultaneously mobilizing public- and private-sector investment in renewable energy (RE) development. USAID Clean Power Asia is focused on solar, wind, small hydro (<15 MW), and biomass from agricultural residues. The program focuses on the Lower Mekong including Lao PDR, Thailand, and Vietnam, and also includes activities on a regional level in support of RE development among ASEAN member states.
The Technical Program Officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) on the following activities:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Events Management: Develop and implement planning process in cooperation with DCOP and Task Leads to participate in other organizations’ conferences, workshops and webinars. Prepare monthly plan on opportunities for staff to present at other conferences and webinars and manage a tracker to document participation, including research; logistical and operational management; and collaboration with technical teams and external stakeholders on event management and communications.
- Manage organizational partnership and strategic communication efforts: Support partnership development including development, proofing, and review of communications, information retrieval, presentation development and review, coordination, and logistical assistance. Support meetings and formal agreement processes with host country, private sector, donor, and international organization partners. Includes working with staff to manage the process of drafting agreements with donors and other collaborating partners, as well as updating framework agreements with host countries.
- Manage and support monitoring, evaluation and learning: Support development of work plan, technical papers, internal and monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, and information- tracking resources.
- Implement gender mainstreaming project activities: lead/support implementation of gender action plan, integrating and developing content and activities into projects across Task Teams.
- Support and administration: Manage technical team meetings including biweekly schedule of meetings and tasks, coordination of availability with participants, agenda-setting and note- taking, and providing pre-meeting information and briefings. Also includes development of trip reports and management of shared server resources and content.
- Bachelor’s plus 3-5 years relevant experience in engineering, economics, public policy, or related discipline is required.
- Fluency in English
- Commitment and passion for renewable energy and development assistance in general
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Related experiences in the renewable energy and development industry(ies) preferred
Preferred Skills, Experience and Other
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels;
- Strong analytical thinker, highly organized and detail/quality-oriented.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, especially with office and management software;
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills and experience, with strong experience developing PowerPoint presentations within an organizational theme and format;
- Demonstrable knowledge management experience, including project management and database management;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Strong demonstrable experience with cloud-based, collaborative and remote technical platforms, such as Google Docs, Slack, Mural, various calendar platforms, as well as teleconferencing technologies, including Zoom, WebEx, MS Teams.
- Ability to be highly responsive and engaged during regular work hours (Indochina Time)
- Preferably based in Asia-Pacific (for time zone harmonization)
Interested candidates may express their interest by emailing a CV and expression of interest to email@example.com. To be complete, your application MUST INCLUDE the following information:
- A written Expression of Interest summarizing your qualifications for the consultancy. The expression of interest must address the minimum qualifications and preferred skills/prerequisites specified above.
- Resume or CV clearly indicating work/consulting history and either daily consulting rate or annual compensation for each consultancy/position, stated in currency of payment.
- US Federal Form 1420 (EBD) https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
Please be prepared to provide upon request proof of education and/or degree attained (transcript or diploma) and proof of annual salary or daily consulting rate as stated in the EBD (acceptable forms include employment agreement, pay stubs, employer verification letter).
Due to the volume of anticipated applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled as warranted. Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce and provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้ช่วย / Assistantล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translator