We are looking for
Generalist Field Officer
Based in Chiang Mai
In this position, you will be expected to advise the Head of Chiang Mai Sub-Delegation on general policy issues related to the activities of the ICRC, its positioning and perception in northern Thailand. Contributes to the analysis of the political environment carried out by the Sub-delegation.
Develops and maintains a broad network of interlocutors aiming at increasing knowledge and acceptance of the ICRC’s mandate and activities in northern Thailand.
Works on the development of conducive relationships with the northern Thai government and military authorities, I/NGOs, CBOs, Myanmar’s non-State armed groups, and advocates for the acceptance of ICRC’s international mandate.
Your main responsibilities:
- Contributes in an office to implementing (or implements) and following up various field activities, in accordance with objectives.
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and analyses the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment as relevant to the ICRC. Shares relevant information with colleagues and reports any changes in the situation.
- Contributes to designing projects.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information about the projects and contributes to written reporting.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and develops and maintains contacts with provincials/regional authorities, local/regional Red Cross/Red Crescent Society branches and the population.
- Participates in, and may carry out independently, administrative follow-up of field missions.
- Contributes to delivering ICRC objectives and strengthening contacts within the geographic remit of an office.
Your education and experience:
- 2–3 years’ experience, for instance as a project or programme officer in similar fields or in other national/international organizations or in the private sector.
- Applicants must be Thai nationals or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- University degree or equivalent
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team leadership skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Strong motivation for humanitarian work
- A great opportunity to join the world’s most respected humanitarian Organization
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract with possibility of renewable
- You will be based at ICRC’s office in Chiang Mai
Starting date: As soon as possible
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 27 September 2020
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer