Finance and Administrative Officer (EU COVID-19 Response and Recovery Project)
ActionAid is an international organization, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Thailand (AAT) is part of the ActionAid International Federation and has been working with people and communities in Thailand for a decade addressing issues related to poverty, human rights, education, and women’s and youth’s empowerment.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand (request to travel on project fields)
Finance and Administrative Officer supports EU COVID-19 Response Project Manager for administrative and financial functions. S/he will work closely with program team and country implementing partners on coordination of program activities on finance and operations related matters. S/he is responsible to provide effectively financial and administrative services that enhance the work efficiency of the project, in accordance with AAT standard policies and procedures. S/he delivers administrative and financial services with accuracy, timeliness, and with cost efficiency, with possibility to travel to field project areas.
Administrative and Logistic
- Coordinate for logistics of meetings, events, and workshops (travel arrangements, venue, materials, minutes) – ensure that these arrangements are timely and cost effective.
- Manage disbursement for meeting and workshops, including filing of supporting documents for expenses and claims.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project staffs and/or participants during meetings and events, travel and accommodation arrangement for project team, including procurement.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly financial report to Donors
- Revise budget & helping Finance Manager for yearly budgeting (EU)
- Review partner financial report & follow-up the supporting documents
- Ensure the financial control of EU COVID-19 Response Project’s activities through ensuring implementation of AAT financial policy and procedures.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure the related reports are met, including accurate and timely monthly accounts forecast and budgeting.
- Manage cash advance and ensure that cash is not misused.
- Carefully check financial and payment documents before submitting to Finance Department.
- Train project’s partners on related financial policies and procedures.
- Verify invoices and receipts against partner’s liquidation & Reconcile advance to partners balances.
- Visit partners in the field to verify support their budget tracking and provide onsite coaching as needed.
Monitoring & evaluation and reporting
- Monitor the activities and the uses of budget according to finance policies/regulations of AAT and the Donor.
- Keep track on the expenditures and budget management for the efficient of project implementation.
- Prepare finance report and assist program team and partners on reporting.
Audit and risk management
- Support the project audit and assist management to response of audit queries.
- Report any risk in own area of work that do not comply with organization policy and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Account, Business Administration, and other related fields, or equivalent proof of 5-year experience the field.
- At least 3 year experience in Administrative and Finance.
- Demonstrated an understanding of administrative operation standards to resolve the issues through day to day work.
- Experience of Administrative principles and their application to respond to and resolve a range of complex administrative queries.
- Experience in analysing financial reports and plans is an advantage.
- Experience in implementing and monitor finance and administration policy, systems and procedures.
- Proficient in advanced MS Office skills in Excel is required.
- Knowledge of financial database is an advantage.
- Knowledge of human rights and/or social issues is desirable.
- Proven communication and influences skills.
- Financial management, reporting, and analysis
- Good analytical and risk management skills.
- Good time management
- Good knowledge of English and Thai languages, able to communicate, read and write
- Work independently with minimum supervision and to stay on task
- Work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- A committed, mature and decisive self-starter with high level of integrity, friendly and detail focused.
- Have a will to learn and service mind oriented
- Thai nationality
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resumes with two referees, including a cover letter indicating the dates of availability and salary expectation to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20, 2020, COB at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier