Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: USAID 72048620R10029
2. ISSUANCE DATE: May 15, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: May 28, 2020/11:59PM Bangkok, Thailand local time
4. POSITION TITLE: ROFM Administrative Assistant
5. MARKET VALUE: THB 524,397 – 917,703 per annum equivalent to FSN-7
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/RDMA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Five (5) years initial contract.The services provided under this contract are expected to be of a continuing nature that will be executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/RDMA, Bangkok, Thailand
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: The successful candidate shall be required to obtain a Security Certification for Employment from Regional Security Office.
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
9.1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
The incumbent serves as an Administrative Assistants for the Regional Office of Financial Management (ROFM), USAID/RDMA. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative assistance on a broad variety of operational and information supports to the Regional Controller, Regional Deputy Controller as well as the ROFM staff, and maintain a positive relationship with colleagues in RDMA and client missions by responding to queries. To accomplish these responsibilities, the position requires strong communication and coordination with client missions, USAID/Washington, RDMA technical offices and the Regional Executive Office (REXO). The incumbent will be the Payroll, Time and Attendance, and Declining Balance Card (DBC) Coordinator for RDMA and its client missions. S/he plans and organizes OFM staff travel within the region and to the U.S. The Administrative Assistant will be expected to ensure that efficient and effective administrative office operations are maintained and exercise discretion with respect to any activities outside ROFM. S/he also logs, tracks requests for funding and clearance actions from other offices, and client missions. Further, s/he ensures that documents for funding and clearance submitted to ROFM are properly prepared prior to forwarding them to the Accounting section for action.
9.2 Statement of Duties to be Performed
Works closely and collaboratively with the Regional Controller/Regional Deputy Controller and office staff members in planning, establishing priorities, organizing, and carrying out full spectrum of secretarial/administrative/clerical functions within the office. Duties include the following;
A. Secretarial and Office Administration: 35%
B. Payroll, Time & Attendance Coordination: 35%
C. Accounting Services Support: 30%
The contractor is eligible for temporary duty (TDY) travel to the U.S., or to other Missions abroad, to participate in the "Foreign Service National" Fellowship Program, in accordance with USAID policy.
9.3. Supervisory Relationship
The position reports to the Regional Controller or his/her designee.
9.4. Supervisory Controls
Full supervision of other USAID staff is not contemplated.
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: This position is open to Cooperating Country National (CCN). Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent Thai residence is eligible to apply. Please note that USAID is not able to sponsor candidates for a Thai residency permit.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT: Benjamaporn/RDMA HR Assistant
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
1. Education: Two years of College or University Studies is required.
2. Experience: At least three years of specific and progressively responsible experience in the field of secretarial/administrative management with a multi-national company, and/or other international organization(s) is required.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
1. Experience (30 points): Progressively responsible experience in the field of secretarial/administrative management with a multi-national company, and/or other international organization(s) is required.
2. Knowledge (30 points): Solid knowledge of secretarial and office administration’s best practice, and related-clerical functions within an office setting such as record management, travel arrangement, and correspondence management is required. Good knowledge and understanding of host country’s operational environment such as culture, transportation and government/non-governmental entities are required.
3. Skills and Abilities (40 points):
Ability to deliver a broad range of secretarial and administration functions with high quality while applying critical thinking skills to solve problems is required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrate clear and effective use of language in appropriate to the context of the situation are required.
Ability to multi-task, identifying priorities and readjusting them as needed; and allocating proper amount of time and resources for each task and carry until completion is required.
Ability to collaborate with others as a team, placing the team agenda before a personal one, truly valuing others’ inputs, and willing to take shared responsibility is required.
Must have excellent customer service skills.
Must possess knowledge and skills of using computers and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, and Google applications.
4. Language: Level IV – Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in Thai and Englishwith a valid TOEIC score of 855 is required.
To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications required for the position mentioned in Section II, Item 1-2. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information.
Applications will be initially screened and scored for eligibility in accordance with the evaluation factors and points mentioned in Section III, item 1-3. Top-ranked candidates who meet the minimum qualification will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score mentioned in Section III, item 4 will be invited for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the evaluation factors mentioned above and will be conducted in USAID/RDMA Bangkok, Thailand. Reference checks will be conducted once the applicant pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s). References may be obtained independently from other sources in addition to the ones provided by an applicant.
USAID/RDMA reserves the right to select additional candidates if vacancies become available during future phases of the selection process.
IV. TO APPLY
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package before the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov