I. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. SOLICITATION NO.: USAID 72048620R10025
2. ISSUANCE DATE: April 24, 2020
3. CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF OFFERS: May 21, 2020/ 11:59 PM Bangkok, Thailand local time
4. POSITION TITLE: OPH Development Assistance Specialist (HIV)
5. MARKET VALUE: THB 1,313,799 – 2,299,144 per annum equivalent to FSN-11
In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/RDMA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
6. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Five (5) years initial contract.The services provided under this contract are expected to be of a continuing nature that will be executed by USAID through a series of sequential contracts, subject to continued need of the position and availability of funds.
7. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/RDMA, Bangkok, Thailand
8. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: The successful candidate shall be required to obtain a Security Certification for Employment from Regional Security Office.
9. STATEMENT OF DUTIES
9.1. General Statement of Purpose of the Contract
The Development Assistance Specialist (HIV) is an essential member of the HIV Team within the Office of Public Health (OPH) at the USAID/RDMA. The incumbent will provide strategic information analytic support to the team and perform a variety of both complex and routine technical duties. S/he will work closely with bilateral missions, civil society organizations, and government counterparts at national and sub-national ministerial levels to increase the culture of data analysis, use, and evaluation. Specifically, s/he will support the planning and reporting on the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) country programs, including development of the Regional Operational Plan (ROP), Site Improvement through Monitoring (SIMS), Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), and PEPFAR Oversight and Accountability Review Team (POART) reviews. S/he will monitor progress toward achieving PEPFAR targets, translate strategic information into improved PEPFAR programming and delivery of services, provide accountability for use of PEPFAR resources, and support both internal and external capacity for using strategic information toward epidemic control in the Asia region.
9.2 Statement of Duties to be Performed
The incumbent will be expected to provide strategic planning; programmatic and technical support for HIV/AIDS activities under PEPFAR throughout the region; and strengthen capacity for USAID Client Missions in the region. To this end, the incumbent will maintain current knowledge and information on HIV prevention, care and treatment in Asia, and in the Mekong Region specifically and will be called upon to provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) input on other diseases as needed by the OPH team. The incumbent will work in collaboration with key HIV and AIDS stakeholders, including host country government counterparts, donors, and nonprofit organizations/civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs) to support the national HIV and AIDS programs.
A. Technical Support and Analytic Services: 50%
B. Capacity Building, Strategic Planning, and Support: 50%
The contractor is eligible for temporary duty (TDY) travel to the U.S., or to other Missions abroad, to participate in the "Foreign Service National" Fellowship Program, in accordance with USAID policy.
9.3. Supervisory Relationship
The position reports to the Asia Regional Strategic Information Advisor or his/her designee.
9.4. Supervisory Controls
The supervision of other USAID staff is not contemplated.
10. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: This position is open to Cooperating Country National (CCN). Thai citizen or other country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent Thai residence is eligible to apply. Please note that USAID is not able to sponsor candidates for a Thai residency permit.
11. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
12. POINT OF CONTACT: Benjamaporn/RDMA HR Assistant, e-mail RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, International Health, Social Science, Medical Science or related field is required.
2. Experience: A minimum of 7 experience in HIV/AIDS monitoring and evaluation or public health is required.
III. EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS
1. Experience (20 points): Experience in HIV/AIDS monitoring and evaluation or public health.
2. Knowledge (40 points):
3.Skills and Abilities (40 points):
4. Language: Level IV – Fluent in speaking/reading/writing in Thai and English with a valid TOEIC score of 855 is required.
To be considered for candidacy, applicants must address each criterion in their application as to how they meet the minimum qualifications required for the position mentioned in Section II, Item 1-2. If the application submitted fails to demonstrate eligibility, the application will be marked unqualified. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide all pertinent information. Applications will be initially screened and scored for eligibility in accordance with the evaluation factors and points mentioned in Section III, item 1-3. Top-ranked candidates who meet the minimum qualification will be given a recruitment test. Applicants with passing marks from the recruitment test and with a valid TOEIC score mentioned in Section III, item 4 will be invited for an interview. Only shortlisted candidates for final interview will be notified of the selection result. The recruitment test and the interview will be structured around the evaluation factors mentioned above and will be conducted in USAID/RDMA Bangkok, Thailand. Reference checks will be conducted once the applicant pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s). References may be obtained independently from other sources in addition to the ones provided by an applicant.
USAID/RDMA reserves the right to select additional candidates if vacancies become available during future phases of the selection process.
IV. TO APPLY
Please follow the check lists and submission guidelines, posted on the official website: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/jobs/usaid-job-vacancies/ carefully and submit complete application package before the deadline.
Contact : RDMArecruitment@usaid.gov