Plan International Thailand Job Advertisement:
Project Manager – SRHR Project
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Project Manager – SRHR Project
Assignment duration: Fixed Term 1 Year contract.
Duty station: Tak
The SRHR project aims to support adolescents and young people in the adjacent border areas in Thailand (Tak province, Mae Sot, Mae Ramat and Phop Phra) and Myanmar (Hlaingbwe, Hpa-an, Hpapun, Kawkareik, Kyainnseikgyi, and Myawaddy townships) in claiming their sexual and reproductive health rights and influence duty bearers to provide quality, youth friendly SRHR services and education. It will be achieved through collaboration with the civil society partners, the implementing partners and non-formal CBOs, collaborating partners will receive ongoing technical support and coaching from Plan International Thailand and Myanmar in source and destination communities to mainstream gender equality and implement SRHR programming, as well as strengthen overall environment for migrant civil society. The collaborating partners will include parent-teacher associations, representatives of the MRPWG, and local youth networks. This project will ensure that vulnerable and marginalized adolescents and youth (particularly young women and girls, and LGBT between ages of 10-24) in migrant communities make autonomous decisions, which are valued and respected, on their sexuality and reproduction, enjoying their rights of sexual and reproductive health and from free from GBV.
The Project Manager of the SRHR project is responsible for project management, budget management, partnership management, and last but not least, the overall implementation of the SRHR project to ensure the achievement of the project’s goals, objectives and overall impact and to meet all compliances of the donors’ requirements. Furthermore, the Project Manager is a focal person and responsible for collaboration and coordination with Plan International Myanmar team related to the implementation of the SRHR project which is also a cross-border project between Thailand and Myanmar. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Establish and maintain systems for managing project operations:
- Develop detail implementation plan (DIP), annual and monthly project action plans and ensure the project is delivered according to the plan, donor requirements and P&IQP project cycle and annual cycle;
- Develop Project Outline (PO) in SAP, update required information in Program Module regularly, and prepare project modification as needed;
- Prepare detailed project budget and continuous monitoring of expenditures throughout the project period;
- Strategically identify risks and risk mitigation actions to ensure successful project implementation;
- Monitor the progress of the project, actual vs. planned (objectives, activities and expenditures), through analysing relevant data systematically collected over the lifetime of the project.
- Review and validate the data presented in any reports by implementing partners before submitting to the Country Office.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of required reports to donor and ensure timely report submission, both the reports from Plan International Thailand as well as coordinating with Plan International Myanmar for the completion of consolidated reports.
- Ensuring effective collaboration in the joint implementation of cross-border activities by Plan International Thailand and Plan International Myanmar.
- Manage the relationship with implementing partners in SRHR Project, namely SNF, MAP and HWF in order to deliver the efficient/effective results and achieve the project goals.
- In charge of the program delivery as well as financial obligations from the project’s partners.
- Maintain relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private and civil society partners to effectively build partnerships with them.
- Provide oversight, coaching, technical support and leadership to SRHR project assistant/coordinator and ensure s/he applies appropriate project implementation strategies and approaches to achieve project outcomes indicated in the project documents.
- Coordinate with program support team and resource mobilization team to ensure effective collaboration in project operations and reporting.
- Coordinate with Child Projection specialist and Gender specialist to ensure that all project’s activities are implemented in line with Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and met the minimum standard of gender transformative programming and influencing approaches of Plan International.
- Establish and maintain good working and learning relationships across Thailand Country Office and networking.
- Respond to donor queries and coordinate their field visits.
- Make formal presentations of the project on behalf of Plan International Thailand.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Program Director and Country Director.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving outcomes, establishing and maintaining systems for managing project operations, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to donor agencies).
- Experience establishing and maintaining systems for managing project operations.
- Experience working on migrant population and SRHR related issues.
- Experience in managing cross-country or regional projects is a plus.
- Ability to maintain relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners, and to effectively build partnerships with them.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Social Work, Social Development, Public Administration, Public Policy, Political Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, and other related fields.
- Understanding of rights-based development, child rights and child protection, migrant issues, decent work opportunities, and gender equity and inclusion.
- Flexible, cross-culturally aware and adaptable to changes.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 30 Apr 2020
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : PREEDEE.ITTIPONG@PLAN-INTERNATIONAL.ORG
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager