Job Title: Procurement Assistant, GS5, Fixed – Term
Vacancy Number: 120704
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the following duties (not all-inclusive)
- Compile data, prepare, distribute documents and provide help to the National Officer, to support successful procurement programmes and operational activities, (e.g. drafting and issue tenders through WFP systems, evaluate offers for nomination of superintendent companies, drafting Committee on Contracts, Transport and Insurance notes), ensuring standard processes are followed;
- Review, record, and track invoices, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, funding is available, make relevant calculations, and submit the invoices to finance for payment;
- Maintain and update performance bonds, and ensure the validity is extended as required;
- Post Service Entry Sheet (SES) for superintendent services and Create Purchase Orders (POs) in WFP system;
Good and Service Procurement
- Issue request for quotation (REQs) through procurement system;
- Provide help to the procurement associate with tender evaluation and drafting relevant documents;
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks agreed standards and deadlines;
- Act as a focal point for the purchases conducted on behalf of country offices;
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) in WFP system;
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support professional staff on the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases, e-filing and procurement files, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirement;
- Initiate and modify automated transactions;
- Review supporting documentation for processing various actions e.g. personnel, payroll, budget, procurement, country activities, answer a variety of enquires and supply readily;
- Maintain vender rosters;
- Research, collect and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders;
- Act as a vendor focal point on Vender Management Committee (VCM), prepare VMC minutes, ensure all vendor applications are review, responded to and provide vendor evaluation report;
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affect areas at the onset of the crisis;
- Perform other related duties as required
- Completed of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. University degree in supply chain management, business administration, or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Five or more years progressively responsible support experience on procurement activities, supply chain or other related fields.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software package, including word procession, spreadsheet and other standard software packages.
- Professional experience with SAP or other EPR software will be advantageous
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Proficiency in a second UN languages is an advantage.
- Tendering and Contracting, Vendor Management, Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence, Systems & Reporting, and Ethics and Compliance
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: 27 April 2020 (Midnight Bangkok Time)
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand Only and only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To be consider, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (http;//www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings) only.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
Contact : email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant