Job Title : Women's Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Program Officer
Location: Ratchaburi Province
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Under the overall supervision of the Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Senior Program Manager, the WPE Program Officer is responsible for supporting program implementation and assisting with the implementation of program activities, coordinating with partner organizations, providing technical support to camp-based stipend workers on gender-based violence (GBV) related issues, providing training and working with IRC staff to build the skills and knowledge on GBV. This also includes working with survivors of GBV to assess the services that they need and receive, and providing support on referrals and case management. This position is based in the IRC Chatpawai office, Ratchaburi Province.
- Assist in strengthening the capacity of national and community-based actors, local community-based organizations and non-governmental organization on service provision to survivors of gender-based violence and ensure a comprehensive and multi-sectoral response for survivors.
- Assist in overseeing, monitoring and providing technical support to case management and referrals with guidance from the WPE Senior Program Manager.
- Report all cases; collect and compile monthly GBV report data; and submit monthly report to supervisor.
- Provide accompaniment and psychosocial support to GBV survivors accessing services at Thai hospitals and One Stop Crisis Center as necessary.
- Assist in designing, coordinating and delivering trainings on gender-based violence and related issues and assist in conducting training of trainers (TOR) for partner organizations, including camp-based stipend workers and other relevant staff working with GBV survivors.
- Assist in delivering trainings on healthy communication and maintaining positive relationships to couples in the refugee camps and assist in implementing training and program activities in partnerships with relevant community-based organizations.
- Assist in developing training materials, community awareness-raising materials and other educational materials as necessary based on the program design and objectives.
- Monitor training outcomes through baseline surveys, pre- and post-tests, and follow-up interviews, and continually reflect on training experiences and monitoring data to improve future trainings.
- Translate training materials into English, Karen and ensure training documents are current and up-to-date.
- Assist in implementing systematic training observations and constructive feedback mechanisms for camp-based stipend workers.
- Assist in providing support to the development and implementation of strategies for community outreach activities and training reports.
- Collect information/data relating to all activities, including data necessary for project indicators as well as record on the successes and challenges, and report the progress of the project at regular intervals to supervisor.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with IRC’s partners and IRC staff in other departments, including health, protection/legal, and livelihoods.
- Assist in preparing monthly activity plans together with all other project staff in order to ensure close integration of project activities.
- Complete all administrative work and timely submit reports related to training and outreach activities.
- Provide support to gender initiatives and activities introduced by IRC Thailand and Headquarters as necessary.
- High school diploma or Post-10 certificate required, coupled with a strong interest in refugee and related issues
- Experience in conducting trainings, including Training of Trainers, and proficient in using participatory methods
- Experience in GBV work, including GBV case management and referrals
- Experience in translation of written documents and administrative work
- Supervision experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good team player and excellent teamwork
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be flexible and willing to learn and develop
- Strong written and spoken Karen/Burmese essential; English and Thai is an advantage
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Senior Program Manager
Position directly supervises: Camp-based Stipend Workers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Collaborate and work with other team members withing the same office and in other IRC field offices, including IRC protection/legal, health and livelihood staff to ensure effective and coherent WPE programming. Work together with the IRC Program and Awards Management, Operations and Finance units on program and compliance requirements and other related initiatives.
External: Non-governmental organizations, community leaders, community-based organizations, civil society, government/ministries, UN agencies and other IRC sectors to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Working Environment: The position is a NATIONAL post. The position is based in the IRC office in Chapawai, Ratchaburi Province with frequent travel to the refugee camps.
If you are interested, pleaes apply via link below.
Application deadline: 27 March 2020
Contact : Human Resources Department
เจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer