The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam. The Federation hosts teams in each of these countries except Lao PDR where the support is done remotely from Thailand office. The CCST operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners.
The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams.
The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Manager and follows the technical direction of the Regional Finance Unit Senior Finance Analyst.
The mission of the Finance Officer is to provide cost effective day to day quality finance services that enhance the work efficiency of the CCST, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations.
He / She contributes to the sound financial management of the funds spent by the delegation by observing strict compliance to all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations.
He / She contributes to the achievement of the Federation’s Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
Accounting and monthly closing
- Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
- Book accounting transactions with strict compliance to IFRC standard finance procedures.
- Verify accuracy of accounting transactions and post transactions to books.
- Verify correct account codes and correct accounting (CODA) documents are used for all transactions.
- Prepare the recoding of account or budget codes if require
- Match supplier invoices with correct payment voucher into the accounting system (CODA).
- Run the revaluation of exchange rate for all accounts at month end and record each forex gain/loss (ALC) to the respective projects.
- Prepare and verify balance sheet reconciliations at month end and ensure all signatures are obtained for approval.
Treasury management and payments authorization
- Review and validate all request for payment by petty cash and bank journal
- Prepare payment batches in e-banking system for payroll and staff benefit
- Monitor cash flows and cash control management THB and CHF
- Verify and process all the request for payments (RFP) for bank payment according to the Federation policies; ie: ensure they are approved by the program manager, the funding availability, using correct coding, attached with valid supporting documents (purchase request, quotation, competitive bid analysis, purchase order, contract, goods received note) etc.
Working Advance (National Society, International staff & national staff)
- Review and validate working advance clearance as per IFRC standard Finance procedures.
- Process working advance (WA) to National Society, International staff and National staff on time
- Reconcile the clearance of working advances according to Federation finance procedure (WA slip is signed when the money is given & returned, mission request form attached as evidence for request of WA for staff, reconciliation approved by budget holder and authorised persons, etc)
- Identify any dormant working advance and follow up with National Society, delegate or staff concerned
- Advise the Finance Manager on the progress on any pending WA which requires his/her action.
- Maintain an efficient and up to date filling of working advance system to National Societies in accordance with Federation procedure.
- Support the Finance Manager to review and compile regional budgets and financial plans.
- Prepare and update PEAR forms.
Financial monitoring and reporting
- Prepare documents for cash forecasting.
- Prepare standard financial reports to the organisation and to donors (movement of funds, cash pledge reports).
Partner National Society (PNS) support
- Process bilateral transactions, ensure all expenses are invoiced each month as per Federation price list and follow up with PNS on the outstanding balances
- Prepare draft PNS invoice and submit to Regional Finance Unit for validation
- Work with strict compliance to IFRC procedures and to audit recommendations.
- Support the Finance Manager to respond to audit recommendations and queries.
- Abide to the fraud and corruption policy and to internal controls in place.
- Contribute to the dissemination of IFRC Finance and procurement procedures among all teams (IFRC, PNS, NS).
- Work closely with the Finance counterparts in the National Society, Country delegations and Partner National Societies.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Provide assistance in case of long term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure support services’ continuity.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Diploma or degree in finance and accounting
- Certified accountant
- 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting roles
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Advanced analytical skills (financial analysis)
- Self-supporting in windows standard programmes and expert in excel
- Skills in time management
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Thai citizen
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates, please apply directly through IFRC's website from the link below;
- Cover Letter with salary expectation
- Curriculum Vitae with 3 referees
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 25 December 2019
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
Contact : 02-661 8201 - HR
การเงิน / Financier