Embode is looking for short-term national consultants in
to undertake research on trafficking and the justice system
Embode is an independent, international consulting and research agency focusing in human rights and social protection, with particular specialisation in the subject of human trafficking and labour exploitation. Based in Asia, Embode prides itself for being on the ground in locations where many of our projects are focused. See www.embode.co for more details.
Scope of Work
Embode is looking for a dynamic and resourceful national consultant in Thailand to conduct research into justice responses for survivors of human trafficking in each country. Each national consultancy is estimated to take approximately 36 days and be carried out between August – December 2020. Each consultancy would involve:
- A desk based contextual review of national legal and policy frameworks and research literature.
- Translation of research tools and documents between English and Thai.
- Conducting interviews with strategic stakeholders and trafficking survivors.
- Data analysis, drawing out key themes, gaps, opportunities and good practices.
- Draft the report of key findings and recommendations.
- Facilitate the validation process.
Technical Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Graduate qualifications in law, development studies, human rights, research, social work or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of human trafficking and exploitation.
- Credible experience conducting social research, using both qualitative and quantitative techniques, and able to use socio-analytic methods to analyse data.
- Proven experience writing up professional quality reports.
- Familiarity with relevant national legislative frameworks.
- Experience liaising with national and provincial government authorities.
- Background in working with or interviewing survivors of trafficking or other vulnerable peoples.
- Competent in using digital technology, including using MS programs and online communications.
- Professional fluency in English and the national language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent time management and able to work within agreed timeframes and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage people from diverse backgrounds.
- A team player who works collaboratively and supportively with a geographically dispersed team.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Excellent capacity to communicate with team in the virtual space.
Interested applicants are requested to apply to email@example.com
The application must be provided in English and consist of:
· A 1 page cover letter outlining your relevant skills and experience, and proposed day rate.
· A curriculum vitae
The deadline for applications is Friday 7th August 2020. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we retain the choice of selecting a candidate before the deadline. We therefore encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.