TITLE: Finance and Contract Senior Associate
CONTRACT TERM: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand (preferred)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand Office is seeking qualified, talented applicants for Finance and Contract Senior Associate to support the USAID and Australia Mekong Safeguards Program (Mekong Safeguards) with financial management and analyses, programmatic accounting and budgeting, and contracts operations and management. The anticipated period of this role is 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Part of the United States’ Clean EDGE Asia’s Partnerships for Power, the USAID and Australia Mekong Safeguards Program (the Program) is a flagship U.S. and Australia government regional initiative. This five-year $10.6 million international development project works with major banks, governments, and developers in Mekong Subregion on large energy and transportation infrastructure investments to strengthen environmental and social standards and adopt clean technologies in Southeast Asia’s Mekong subregion. The program is an exciting opportunity to support new and improved ways governments, financiers, developers, and civil society organizations can invest and build sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure. The Program is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)and the Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
S/he will report directly to the Chief of Party and/or Deputy Chief of Party of Mekong Safeguards.
Finance and Accounting
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing program burn rate with actual vs. budgeted, and assessing the financial health of the program.
- Develop and implement plans for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Oversee the program’s financial operations and coordinate closely with TAF’s financial team for preparing financial reports, cost share information, and financial compliance as required by USAID and DFAT payment.
- Manage financial aspects of consultant contracts, subcontracts, and subgrants including budgeting, actuals, and request for payment process according to TAF Thailand’s requirements.
- Develop monthly financial management update memos, including burn rates, institutional documents and quarterly actuals reports as required by USAID and DFAT
- Manage financial accounting across two government funding streams via a consolidated budgetary process accounting for projected and actuals expenditures, monitoring accounting operations and alerting senior management of potential inaccuracies and oversights.
- Work with senior management to produce financial projections and required financial information for government-required action documentation such as no-cost extensions and potential funding extensions.
- Maintain clear accounting of budget actuals versus planned down to monthly accruals.
- Innovate and improve overall systems for contract management that enhance efficiency and quality of the Program’s financial accounting and management.
- Prepare, review, update, and amend contracts for consultants and firms for the program adhering to TAF contracting requirements.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with selected candidates.
- Support admin and technical team for procurement of consultants and firms.
- Coordinate with finance team on budget requirements and codes for the contracts.
- Manage all consultant and firms (fixed fee, retainer based, or combination) contracts by keeping track of execution date, expiration date, submitted deliverables, used and remaining Level of Effort (LOE) days, budgeted and actual costs.
- Manage submission of timesheet for consultants and invoice for firms, obtain approvals from relevant technical team and prepare request for payment documents for financial team.
- Support financial team for payment per the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Track status of all Program contracts (consultants, sub-grants and sub-contracts,) including current expenditures against contracts, notifying senior management of upcoming contract expiration dates so renewals can be processed, and contract language and accuracy oversight.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- At least 5 years of experience in financial analyses, accounting, contract management, or legal
- Fluent in written and spoken English with strong ability to communicate complex financial and accounting information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, law, finance, or similar field.
- Proactive in improving and checking large spreadsheets and documents for mathematical and operational inaccuracies.
- Ability to multi-task, remain calm and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to details and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse types of people.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- Fluent English and Thai language skills (writing, speaking, understanding).
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV/resume and cover letter to Mekong.Safeguards@asiafoundation.org. Please note application for “Finance and Contract Senior Associate” position in email subject title. The closing date for this solicitation is April 10, 2023.
This recruitment is open to both Thai citizens as well as foreign nationals, though work permit/visa restrictions may apply for non-Thai citizens.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer