The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Logistician, based in Bangkok
We are looking for a spirited team player with a can-do attitude to join our dynamic team.
Logistician provides technical and operational support in the areas of purchasing, warehousing, stock management, import-export activities and statistics, in accordance with the ICRC’s logistics standards and local legislation.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fleet management in Thailand and Mekong
- Area of works – the ICRC Thailand and Mekong region
- Manage and provide service for transport requests within Thailand while providing technical support.
- Keep record and report of fleet data in the ICRC Fleet Management system in a timely manner.
- Lead and appraise performance of the fleet team in the ICRC Bangkok Regional Delegation.
- Drive the ICRC car to support emergency request when required.
- Manage and control maintenance and service of ICRC vehicles and ensure vehicle registration and renewal license is done in a timely manner.
- Take part in projects of vehicle procurement and disposal – auction.
- Support operation for transport domestic movement and/ or distribution of goods and service by optimizing fleet resources
- Processes & fulfils clients'(s) orders according to the ICRC’s logistics and financial procedures, and
- Manage and ensure proper filing for some of the following supply-chain activities depending on the size of the operation
Other Logistician Roles
- Supply-chain management and planning (manages and follows up on requests, provides customer desk service and carries out related reporting).
- Participation in purchase planning (purchase orders, request orders, supplier files, etc.).
- Warehouse management.
- Implementation and follow-up for financial and administrative procedures.
- Import-export activities.
- Trains ICRC staff in logistics procedures.
- May manage and ensure proper filing for some of the following supply-chain activities depending on the size of the operation
- Processes & fulfils clients'(s) orders according to the ICRC’s logistics and financial procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, administration or equivalent experience
- 3 years previous experience in administration or within a supply-chain or logistics department.
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability with can do attitude
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Thai
- Computer literacy preferably proficiency in Excel, ERP program
- Adaptive and flexible
- Dynamic and challenging work in the humanitarian sector and international environment
- Competitive salary with benefits, good working conditions and in-house training/development
- Initial 1-year employment (resident contract) with possibility of renewal into open-ended contract
(subject to performance review)
Preferred starting date: ASAP
Submission deadline for applications: 25 February 2023
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background, race, religion, gender, age, disability, or status.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview and the ICRC will not keep the files of applicants who were not shortlisted
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer