: Community Resilience Program (CRP)
: 16 Nov 2023
16 / December / 2023
Human Resources and Office Manager – Chiang Mai, Thailand
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) requires implementing partner support to establish and manage the Community Resilience Program (CRP). This program is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand to support activities that will sustain and strengthen community resilience in the region.
This is a full-time position based in Chiang Mai.
About the Role
CRP is seeking a Human Resources (HR) and Office Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes for the program, including the recruitment of program personnel. The HR and Office Manager will provide facility management for the office in Chaing Mai and carry out administrative and knowledge management tasks to ensure effective running of the Team, office systems, processes, and operations.
The HR and Office Manager will split their time 70:30 between the Human Resources and Office Management roles.
HR Administration and Systems
- Provide general HR activities within the program.
- Maintain appropriate HR administration records (including HR database) and ensure records are updated regularly, are accurate and confidential.
- Assist in timesheet verification and ensuring compliance with timesheet Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Enter data into the HR system so that accurate records are maintained.
- Assist in document preparation, filing and tracking for HR processes.
- Manage national staff employee relations issues, including performance management, grievances and disciplinaries in compliance with Thai employment law
- Assist with immigration and visa related issues
- Liaise with solicitors in Thailand relating to Employment contract, office lease and other legal issues
Pay and Benefits
- Assist in preparing paperwork for payment of staff and issuing of payslips.
- Assist in verification of leave documents and ensuring that the leave trackers for national staff are kept up to date.
- Manage the payroll process for National employees
Recruitment & Selection Administration
- Follow up on approvals from the National Ministry of Labor for advertisements and placing adverts in the notice boards.
- Source candidates for national roles using job boards, referrals and social media to meet the CRP resourcing needs
- Conduct pre-interview process including and not limited to calling and scheduling candidates for interviews. Printing and readying interview documents.
- Coordinate new employee induction and orientation across relevant departments.
- Manage the offer of employment process/USAID approval for nationals and prepare contracts for implementing partner and Chief of Party to approve
- Inform unsuccessful candidates
- Provide facility management.
- Provide operational tasks that enable the smooth running of the office.
- Assist the Operations Team with local procurement, seeking quotes and receiving office commodities, when appropriate.
- Support the organisation of training events and workshops when required.
- Bachelors degree from a reputable institution in a relevant subject.
- Proven experience (7 years) of working for an international organisation, preferably USAID, in an HR capacity.
- Good knowledge of Thai employment law
- IT literate with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Approachable and supportive manner with good written and spoken English.
- Self-starter, well organized and able to prioritize effectively in order to maintain high service level standards and efficiency.
- Fluency in verbal and written Thai
Please send your CV in English to Chris Grogan at the following email address:-
Interim Human Resources Manager,
Community Resilience Program