Job Title: Program Support Officer (National Position)
Sector: Resettlement, Asylum and Integration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline: 9th June 2023
Founded in 1933, International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading agencies working in post-conflict and development contexts, supporting communities in over 40 fragile, failed and developing states. In this capacity, we work to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted, struggling to endure and wishing to advance on a path of development.
The Resettlement Support Center Asia (RSC Asia), funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, RSC Asia: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States. RSC Asia is based in Bangkok, Thailand, with a sub-office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Reporting to Senior Site Manager, the Program Support Officer is responsible for ensure efficient movement of applicants to RSC designated processing site on expected number in timely manner. The Program Support Officer is responsible for assist in managing the RSC camp-based assistants (CBAs) and ensuring efficiency of the joint RSC/IOM transportation arrangements for the refugee applicants in Thailand camps. The Program Support will collaborate with Casework team leads (CW), Cultural Orientation team (CO), Program Support team in Bangkok, and IOM to create and maintain effective operations on the ground.
• Prepare and ensure applicant call list’s accuracy before posting and confirm its completion with all relevant officers.
• Review and notify with identified applicants for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview, pre-screening, CO training, and follow up (FU) both documents and inquiries, track record to ensure that the applicants are ready for their next processing stage . and notify verified completion to relevant officers including update its in START.
• Maintain and conduct a home visit for no-show & unable to locate applicants, conduct special arrangement needed on applicant list and entry verified completion in START.
• Ensure and review the follow up both documents and inquiries for Thai camps and collaborate with RSC team and update its in START.
• Ensure verified applicants prior to each appointed interview as well as ensure verified applicants are timely transported to USCIS and pre-screen interviews by communicate with CW team and IOM field operation team.
• Adhere to standard protocols and collaborate with internal and/or external partners to ensure seamless coordination to successful movement of refugees to designated RSC Pre-Screening and/or USCIS interview site, and CO.
Records & Library:
• Respond to requesters for case files in RSC Maesot Library in a timely and professional manner.
• Localize case files, organize, and manage shipping including packing case files in an appropriate container for transporting files out of the library.
• Ensure accuracy of files movement in Maesot library and that all files are accounted for by using the database and RFID software accurately, in adherence to USRAP Integrity and Compliance Manual.
• Review, assign and ensure accurate codes in both library and/or the RFID system with accurately corresponding barcode label on each case folder.
• Assists in CBAs arrangement to provide adequate support for any RSC activities in Thailand camps.
• Assists in the CBAs in Thailand camps by accurately tracking work record using standard protocols in place.
• Assist in manage cash advance for the CBAs in Thailand camps to support RSC activities and also ensure that cash advance is liquidated in compliance with the IRC policy and procedures in a timely manner.
• Assist in raising the procurement request (PR) on the BvA system as needed.
• Assist in a site survey and report the result to the Senior Transport and Site Maintenance Officer.
• Perform other relevance duties as directed by supervisor.
Key Working relationships:
Position report to: Senior Site Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: RSC Caseworker Team, Cultural Orientation Team, Inquiries and Outreach Team, Interpreter Team and Program Support BKK Team and IRC Thailand Operations and Administrative Staff Massot Tak province.
External: IOM Operations team
Bachelor's Degree in Administration or a related filed.
Minimum 1 – 2 years of filed experience regarding resettlement program or experience in working in refugee camps.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software (e.g. MS Office, Email, Internet).
- Maturity, positive attitude, and experience working under pressure.
- Able to travel supporting RSC activities along border in Thailand.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Thai are required.
The employee is required to adhere to the PRM Program Integrity Guidelines for professional conducts as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying his/her duties.
The position is located at the RSC Mae sot field office and required to regularly travel along the border and refugee camps in Thailand.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the link below.
Contact : HR Department