Microinsurance Finance Expert for the Migrant Fund (M-FUND) Project
- Dreamlopments (DLP), a Thai-based Social Enterprise and Foundation, is running in Thailand the Migrant Fund (M-FUND), a low-cost, not-for-profit health access fund for migrants uncovered by existing government insurance schemes. The project was launched in September 2017 and is being implemented in multiple areas in Thailand, as well as in border areas in Myanmar and Cambodia to extend coverage to cross-border populations.
- M-FUND currently involves a network of 194 partner health facilities in different project areas, where members can receive quality healthcare services under M-FUND coverage.
- As of April 2023, over 55,000 members have already voluntarily enrolled in M-FUND, and over 61,000 outpatient consultations and 10,000 inpatient admissions have already been covered.
- M-FUND aims to become financially sustainable, but as a non-profit scheme it also aims to optimize coverage of healthcare needs for M-FUND members. The project is currently supported by funding from the Global Fund and L’Initiative of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs through Expertise France.
- Several financial/actuarial analyses and models have been done since the launch of the project. Along with strong monitoring of real-time key project indicators, these have guided development of different iterations of the M-FUND health coverage plan, and permitted to already make great progress towards financial autonomy of M-FUND. M-FUND Plan 4.0 is currently in use, since April 2021.
- DLP is now seeking a microinsurance finance expert to conduct a new financial analysis and projection of M-FUND project. The results of this assessment will form the basis of a planned revision of M-FUND Plan.
II. Scope of Work:
Consultant will conduct the following tasks:
- Review the project background, and reports on previous financial models and projections.
- Review the current M-FUND plan (M-FUND 4.0).
- Observe operations of enrollment and members’ renewals in Mae Sot and other districts in Tak.
- Visit partner hospitals and clinics in Tak, and discuss with management staff.
- Conduct interviews with some M-FUND members.
- Learn features of the M-FUND application.
- Review indicators and program data from the M-FUND application, and accounting sources.
- Conduct an analysis of characteristics of members enrolled in the M-FUND, health events covered under M-FUND in partner healthcare facilities, and costs of services.
- Conduct an updated analysis of the financial status of the M-FUND, and projections of financial parameters.
- Elaborate and discuss recommendations for M-FUND plan iteration, or operations adjustments, as needed.
Consultant will provide:
- A report covering approaches followed, key findings and recommendations related to the detailed scope of work.
- The financial model tool developed/updated for the project, and the established current financial projections.
IV. Total working time and effort:
The estimated working time for this consultancy is 30 working days.
DLP will remunerate Consultant at competitive international consultant rates, as well as cover travel to/from and in country, accommodation in country, along with a local per-diem to cover other daily costs.
VI. Qualifications required:
- University degree in finance, economics, health economics/financing, international development, health systems, public health, or related fields.
- An additional qualification in micro-finance or micro-insurance, a strong plus.
At least 10 years’ experience in health financing and development encompassing a broad range of specific experiences in:
- Insurance actuarial analysis.
- Health system financial analysis, and costing plans.
- Hospital financial analysis and plans.
- Project financial evaluation.
- Design, management or evaluation of micro-insurance projects, notably health insurance.
- Design, management and coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of other health projects.
- Experience in several countries and various resource-limited settings required.
- Experience in, and knowledge of health systems and health financing schemes in Thailand and Southeast Asia a strong plus.
- Experience in use of electronic data management systems desired.
- Experience in projects specifically dedicated to migrants or refugees, an additional asset.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Able to follow work plan and timelines, and set priorities.
- Able to work under pressure. Flexible.
- Able to operate in a multicultural team environment.
- Advanced command of Microsoft Excel.
- Good command of other applications, including statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, a strong plus.
- Details and quality oriented.
- Energetic, highly motivated.
The position is open to Thai and international experts.
How to Apply: A cover letter and most recent CV in English should be submitted to: email@example.com
Dreamlopments is an equal opportunity employer.
การเงิน / Financierที่ปรึกษา / Consultant