Work location: Bangkok, with regular travel to project sites in Kanchanaburi, Chiangrai, or other provinces.
Application deadline: 31 May 2023
Job start: as soon as possible after candidate selection.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Dreamlopments (DLP) Social Enterprise and Foundation, registered in Thailand since 2015, is non-profit mission-driven organisation working on aid and development for underserved communities.
DLP is currently implementing the Migrant Fund (M-FUND), a project of low-cost not-for-profit health access fund for migrants in Thailand not covered by government health insurance schemes. The project was started in Tak province in 2017 and has since expanded in Sakeo, Kanchanaburi and Chiang Rai provinces..
We are looking for an experienced and passionate medical doctor, nurse or public health/epidemiology specialist, to join the M-FUND team as Medical Officer (MO), based in Bangkok .
The MO will support the team Community Workers (CW) who are in direct daily contact with the M-FUND members, offering guidance on medical services needed and referrals to partner hospitals. He/she will follow information on medical care given to M-FUND members in hospitals where members seek services, and oversee all medical medical events and medical claims, and ensure the quality of the medical information captured in the M-FUND application. He/she will assist the Project Manager (PM) to develop partnerships and agreements with partner hospitals. He/she will work with the General Director on development of a electronic health record (HER).
Reports to: Project Managers and Dreamlopments’ President (Pst).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To be the point of contact for the CW and Community Relays (CR) on all health-related questions and needs.
- Provide continuous coaching & technical support to the CW/CR team.
- Provide information on the policies to members when needed (with CW/CR).
- Guide referrals to partner/non-partner hospitals.
- When possible, visit patients receiving care in partner hospitals (notably inpatient care), and discuss patient management with physicians of the partner hospitals (on site or remotely).
- Oversee the medical events and claims for the M-FUND members.
- Actively contribute to the cost control of referrals to partner/non-partner hospitals, as well as monitoring the quality of care.
- Strengthen the data collection and reporting for the project health information system.
- Participate actively to the monitoring, assessment and analysis of the program, to provide relevant inputs for strategic planning (lead by the PO).
- Participate in the development of iterations of the M-FUND plan.
- Assist the PM in the development/strengthening of collaborations with partner hospitals, and other stakeholders (NGOs, international agencies).
- Assist the PM to prepare project reports.
- Work with the President, M-FUND teams and partners on development of a personal portable electronic health record.
- Other tasks, as needed and as requested by the PO and/or the GD.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medicine/Nursing or equivalent in health science.
- or Master Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology.
- Current Medical Doctor’s License or Thai license as a registered nurse (RN) is a strong plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the trained specialty.
- Experience in management of development/assistance programs for underserved communities is a strong plus.
- Experience in managing or monitoring project budgets.
- Experience with electronic data management systems.
- Experience in analysis and synthesis of project data and indicators.
- Experience in developing project reports.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Thai a strong plus. Good command of Burmese or Cambodian a plus.
- Ability to effectively supervise and build capacity of team members.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural team environment.
- Positive attitude towards (health) micro-insurance schemes.
- Sound knowledge of the system, policies and issues of social security, migrant workers, and other issues related to healthcare.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools, and other (internet-based) applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic, highly motivated.
- Goal-driven, details and quality oriented.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, able to set priorities, as well as flexible.
- Ability to work under strict timelines and pressure.
- Diplomatic maner to work with governmental organizations and other parties.
The position is based in Bangkok, with regular travel to project sites in Kanchanaburi, Chiangrai and other provinces.
How to Apply: A cover letter and most recent CV in English should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dreamlopments is an equal opportunity employer.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer