: The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
: 17 Mar 2023
31 / March / 2023
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Information Management Intern
Duty Station : Bangkok, Thailand
Classification : Internship (THB 18,027 per month)
Type of Appointment : Internship, 6-month Contract
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 March 2023
Reference Code : CFA024/2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1.ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Unit, Migrant Assistant and Counter Trafficking Unit, and the direct supervision of the Information Management Officer (DTM) in Bangkok, the successful candidate will provide operational support to the establishment and implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) data collection and related research activities across various project sites in Thailand
2.RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide information management support to all DTM data collection operations, including assessments and surveys, in different provinces where DTM activities are implemented, as well as to data collection and research activities of other IOM units, as requested.
- Monitor data collection activities as per agreed timelines; prepare project status and progress reports.
- Perform regular data quality check during data collection activities.
- Provide technical support to the IOM programme coordinators and partners, on the design and implementation of Kobo and other information management needs.
- Facilitate the effective use of the designated information system and other databases to collect, store and further process data.
- Assist with the effective implementation of various IM tools; including the development and roll out of Kobo-based data collection tools.
- Assist with the coordination of the data collection processes and the overall data management activities including pre-processing, encoding, storing, and transferring data, as well as processing and analysis of the collected data and information.
- Assist with the timely preparation and generation of information products, with a focus on monitoring, cleaning and analyzing data.
- Assist with the effective implementation of a digital data vault.
- Assist with the regular adjustment and improvement of information management processes, including by identifying gaps and solutions to existing challenges.
- Assist the Reporting Officer in the preparation of reports and final products, including on data visualization and on compiling relevant data from secondary sources.
- Travel to areas of operation to assist with field implementation, including training and monitoring as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (PSEA) and ensure mainstreaming of PSEA in flow monitoring operations.
- Perform such duties and travels as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
3.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related fields from an accredited academic institution
- Experience in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products.
- Experience in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Power BI, Kobo/ODK.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system
- Ability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Knowledge of R or other statistical analysis software strongly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain trust and good working relationships with counterparts.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and according to clear workflows.
- Ability to work in challenging settings, under pressure while respecting tight deadlines.
- Capacity to learn and gain new competencies, while accepting/giving constructive criticism.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Solid understanding of the norms of professional ethics.
- Knowledge of GIS software (preferably QGIS or ArcGIS) is advantageous.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite advantageous.
- Fluency in English and Thai are required (oral and written).
- Burmese, Laotian or Cambodian is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
- Teamwork: Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a hands-on approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Delivering results: Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Communication: Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code CFA024/2023 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability;
b) a curriculum vitae;
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/Vacancies/Form/iom-personal-history-form-270122.xls.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 17.03.2023 to 31.03.2023