Position: Project Officer – Business Engagement, Fostering Accountability in Recruitment for Fishery Workers (FAIR Fish) Project
Assignment duration: Fixed term contract
Duty station: Bangkok with around 50 % of travelling time to meet stakeholders
Project Officer - Business Engagement will lead the implementation of the project involving the promotion of responsible recruitment among small and medium sized businesses in the Thai seafood processing industry, as well as recruiters in their recruitment chains.
The Project Officer – Business Engagement will be under direct supervision of the FAIR Fish Project Director. This position is based in Bangkok. The person in this position will spend most of his or her time interacting with the management and staff members of small and medium-sized enterprises that are seafood processors and introduce to them responsible recruitment practice, especially the responsible recruitment model the project has developed with subject-matter experts.
The person in this position will handle the coordination with relevant stakeholders, partners, resource persons, and vendors in close coordination with the Project Director and other team members.
Core Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) that are seafood processors in the Thai seafood industry.
- Identify recruitment agencies, recruiters and labor brokers in Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia that supply migrant workers to SMEs in the Thai seafood industry.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with seafood processing SMEs, fishery business associations, recruitment agencies and recruitment agency associations in Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia.
- Implement activities to promote the project’s responsible recruitment model among employers in Thai seafood processing industry, and recruitment agencies that recruit migrant workers for the industry.
- Implement activities to promote the project’s responsible recruitment model to relevant stakeholders, including government agencies and international businesses in seafood value chain.
- Coordinate with the Project Director, other team-members, and Thailand Country Office’s program support staff on project management through the project cycle (planning/ implementing/ monitoring/ evaluation/ reporting)
- Monitor the progress of the project activities and maintain the progress log in Plan’s reporting system and other monitoring, evaluation and learning tools
- Review progress towards stated activities and outputs mentioned in the project work plan, a detailed implementation plan, and project spending and make adjustment when appropriate.
- Assist in preparing the project’s progress reports to ensure accuracy and timely submission
- Participate in monthly and quarterly management and planning meetings
- Support Plan International Thailand’s influencing effort for positive change in social norms and behaviors of relevant stakeholders
- Perform other tasks as assigned by FAIR Fish project director
- Able to represent Plan in various national, regional and international events related to worker recruitment in the fishery industry
- Resourceful and able to link community level interventions to global business practices
- Promote innovation and learning. Able to think of new program concepts that address the needs of the community
- Provide technical support to selected partners to work in alignment with Plan’s policies/procedures
- Possess culturally sensitivity, and ability to demonstrate respect to stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, physical conditions and beliefs
- Able to communicate clearly and transparently to technical consultants and implementing partners, and support them to submit deliverables that are of good quality and in line with Plan’s policies/procedures
- Committed to child safeguarding and gender equality and inclusion
Skills Specific to the Post Holder:
- Communication and presentation skills for influencing behavioral changes
- Professional level proficiency in English and Thai Language: spoken and written
- Problem solving skills
- Independent and self-starter
- Good human relations skills
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and Power Point
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration, public administration, human resource management, social development, behavioral change communication, or other related fields
- Experience in cultivating relationships with private sector partners
- Familiar with human resource management in private companies, particularly worker recruitment processes
- Practical experience in implementing and monitoring projects
- Knowledgeable about issues and challenges endured by migrant workers, particularly those in the Thai fishery industry, business and human rights principles and social compliance initiatives is an advantage
- Understanding of rights-based development, child rights, migrant issues, decent work opportunities, and gender equity
How to apply:
For candidate who are interesting in this position, please click on the link below to apply through our recruitment system.
Closing date for applications: 26 March 2023
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidate including clearance on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) and Criminal Check Record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developer