This position is open to Thai nationals and those eligible to work in Thailand.
The Open Development Initiative (ODI) program of the East-West Management Institute (EWMI) is supporting a Mangroves for Coastal Resilience Initiative, which aims to conduct a coastal and riparian stakeholder mapping in order to enhance evidence-based policy advocacy to strengthen the governance structures and tenure rights of communities who rely on mangrove areas for their livelihoods.
The priority areas of this work will encompass the development of a mapping tool or platform to track mangroves, forest, climate, and livelihood datasets; capacity development of stakeholders and evidence-based policy advocacy both in Thailand and across the target regional project areas. The Mangrove Conservation Coordinator will provide program support in Thailand and lead the technical and policy work alongside team members based in Thailand and regionally.
Stakeholder engagement, building local partnerships in Thailand, regional collaborations, research and data sharing, policy and advocacy campaigning, training and capacity building support. More specifically these responsibilities include:
- Provide program support and coordination for the project.
- Contribute to the design and translation of appropriate surveys and data models for use in the field to gather information including datasets relating to mangrove conservation, environmental policy and management, and land use classifications.
- Liaise and build relationships with local civil society partners and government representatives to engage them in the program and policy reform.
- Support development of training materials to build local/regional stakeholders’ capacity in applied mangrove conservation.
- Coordinate national research and data collection within Thailand and regionally to contribute content and data of mangrove areas, forest, climate and livelihood issues.
- Facilitate civil society engagement in Thailand on advocacy to protect mangroves and other coastal areas.
- Engage in national-level mangrove networks and local Indigenous Peoples’ efforts to support evidence-based policy development in Thailand.
- Provide additional support as and when needed.
- Provide monthly progress reports and updates during team meetings.
- Prepare semi-annual and annual reports as required by the program.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of marine science/ coastal and science management/biodiversity conservation or other related subjects with at least 2 years of experience; Masters preferred.
- Understanding of marine protected area management and conservation initiatives in Thailand.
- Understanding of legal frameworks and policies that govern mangroves and other riparian ecosystems within Asia.
- Experience in facilitating workshops, public consultations, focus group discussions, and report writing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; high self-motivation, honesty and integrity, transparency, accountability, flexibility, willingness to learn from others, able to work under pressure and demonstrate good teamwork.
- Ability to liaise and work alongside government representatives and civil society organizations.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and preferred experience in R-studio, SPSS and other data analysis software
- Fluency in spoken and written Thai and English required.
How to apply:
The position is for an immediate start. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis till a suitable candidate is found. Interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications as soon as possible. Please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter demonstrating your skills and experience for this position to Human Resources at email@example.com by March 31, 2023.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. For further details of our compliance policies please see: https://ewmi.org/Compliance.
Visit the full TOR of Mangrove Conservation Coordinator here.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator