TITLE: Project Coordinator WOW CCs (Women Overcoming the World’s Climate Crisis with STEM)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year contract (possible extension)
Thailand is vulnerable to the effects of climate change, and gender and social inequalities are determinants of exposure to climate change risks; in particular, women and girls at the intersection of multiple forms of oppression bear the brunt of climate change. Gender and social barriers prevent women from taking on leadership roles in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and further prevent their contributions from being fully recognized. In Thailand, there are few women-led CSOs working on climate change, and even fewer promote women in STEM. Networks of women-led STEM-based CSOs working on climate change are yet underdeveloped. This project will address these issues through comprehensive interventions to create and enhance peer networks among pioneering women-led CSOs, tailoring opportunities and support for women climate innovators and leaders to develop their capacity, highlight their contributions and leadership, and advocate for better social and policy environments for women in STEM.
The WOW CCs project builds on Save the Children’s and local partners’ niche expertise and networks at national, regional, and global levels in empowering women and young people for their voice and leadership in the climate movement. It will benefit from SC’s in-country experience in developing partnerships with grassroots organizations, government agencies, the private sector and the public. The consortium’s approach is designed for sustainability and scale as interventions focus on generating structural and institutional improvements for women-led CSOs and changes in social norms and policy frameworks for a more supportive environment for women to thrive in climate actions.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination, management and reporting of the WOW CCs project implementation in Thailand. The position-holder will also coordinate with implementing partners, strategic government partners, and other local stakeholders in the field, to ensure the timely and quality delivery of the project.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: Yes
Role Dimensions: The coordinator will work closely with the Climate Change and Green Jobs Technical Advisor in the activity design and implementation of the project, as well as with the SC Laos project team.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the overall project management and reporting, implementation of the project, and for overseeing the administration, accounting, procurement, and staffing issues related to the project.
- Oversee project expenditure and hold budget management responsibility for the project, including monitoring budget vs expenditure, ensuring that costs are allocated correctly and expenditure is happening in line with the plan.
- Lead on developing and revising project activities and management tools on a timely basis.
- Work closely with thematic advisors (Climate Change and Green Jobs Technical Advisor) to ensure quality implementation and meet Child Safeguarding and Child Safe Programming standards.
- In coordination with the thematic advisor, facilitate meetings, workshops and evaluations in relation to the implementation of this project.
- Effectively monitor the project progress through the regular collection and analysis of key indicators and ensure that processes and results are systematically documented and tracked.
- Ensure that lessons learnt and success stories from the project are effectively documented and shared.
- Ensure that internal and external reporting requirements are met, including donor reports and donor compliance, in line with the required format and with review and input from the thematic advisors.
Partnership Management and Support
- Work with partners to collate good practices and evidence for showcasing at national and regional level.
- Provide technical support to the partner on the sub-award agreement and compliances. Make sure that the projects’ partners are followed through with SCT standard in logistics, management and finance. Timely funding transfer to partners is to be ensured, unless circumstances ceased.
- Ensure implementing partners and sub-grantees have organizational development plan and provide capacity building support and guidance on project and budget management and activity implementation.
- Oversee and monitor partners' performance in accordance with the agreement and as required per Save the Children policies and donor’s compliance.
- Provide technical support to partners in implementing organizational and technical development plan.
Coordination & Communications
- Ensure flow of information and coordination with Lao project team and with partner staffs.
- Maintain a close coordination in the field with local authorities especially with relevant counterpart departments.
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project and its achievements are available for internal and external audiences (including current donors, Save the Children Members, potential funders, etc.)
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Hold the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Set ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably post-graduate university degree, in subject related to thematic area (Environment, Social development, International relations, community development, psychology, and child development)
- Basic understanding of international standard of child rights and child protection reporting mechanism and its process.
- Very good written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three-year experience working in gender empowerment, environmental management, and climate change adaptation and / or child protection related projects.
- Experience in project management, in particular experience in ensuring key deliverables are produced on time and budgeting
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Experience in planning, organising and facilitating meetings, training and events
- Proven ability to work effectively at country and regional level gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders, and in particular senior stakeholder management in a highly political environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and fluent in English
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Possess good knowledge in gender empowerment, environmental management, climate change adaptation and child protection in Thailand
- Experience in building capacity of Civil Society organization (CSO) or Community Based Organization (CBO)
- Experience in managing a project funded by institution donors
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically including the Deep South as assigned
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Save the Children Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Job Description - Project Coordinator WOW CCs (Women Overcoming the World’s Climate Crisis with STEM) (230001EA) (taleo.net)
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286-88 ext. 608
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager