Title: Video production for Community Protection and Legal Awareness
Total number of consultants: 2
Country Program: Protection and Empowerment, Protection and Legal Assistance Center, Thailand
Proposed Dates: 1 April – 30 June 2023
Duration: 3 months
Application Deadline: 27 March 2023
Background of the project
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strength-en their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC’s Protection and Legal Assistance Centre (P-LAC), promotes the rule of law, access to justice, and provide the durable solution information for Burmese refugees living in Thailand. Since 2007, the project has established Legal Assistance Centers in 5 refugee camps (Mae La, Umpiem Mai and Nupo in Tak Province, Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin in Mae Hong Son Province) and will ex-pend to other refugee camps in the future. Currently, P- LAC is serving approximately 64,000 bene-ficiaries in total.
Scope of work
Under the supervision of the P- LAC Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming, Video production for Community Protection and Legal Awareness , the Consultants will work closely with the P-LAC Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming, Senior Training Officer with closely technical support from P-LAC Coordinator to develop 4 topic with 8 video clips in Karen and in Burmese for Community Protection and Legal Awareness Activities for refugees alongside Thai-land Burma border to ensure the refugee communities will receive update and timely accurately information on protection, legal knowledge and available services to promote and empower refu-gees to assert their rights and access their remedies.
The goal of this consultancy work is to produce a visually effective and high-quality video that will be accessible and easy to understand for refugee. Due to the specific topics and time, there will be 2 consultants to share responsibility by each one will produce 2 topics of video in Karen and Bur-mese languages. The video can be a mix of infographics, and animation infographics and/or illustra-tions with 5-8 minutes duration.
• Meeting and close communication with Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming and Senior Training Officer to determine the production vision, concept, and planning pro-cess.
• A video production consultant is responsible to organize, adapt, create the animation vide-os as one of the learning tools under the supervision of IRC staff.
• Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the animation videos.
• Input music, dialogues, graphics, and effects.
• Create rough and final cuts.
• Each consultant is responsible to design and create the 2 topics with 4 animation videos (2 Karen and 2 Burmese) on the designate topics.
• Each consultancy will submit activity progress reports on designing and video scripts have done for approval before develop video clip.
• Each consultancy will deliver the completion of 2 video clips in Karen and 2 video clips in Burmese Language on the 2 designate topics and approve by Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming and Senior Training Officer.
Duration of Work: 1 April - 30 June 2023
Payment Rate and Schedule:
- The payment will be paid in 3 periods of time, first will be 30% when the contract is signed, second will be 30% the submission of consultant with approval from IRC of 1 topic with 2 clips (Karen and Burmese video clips), and last payment will be paid 40% when another 1 topic with 2 video clips (Karen and Burmese video clips) are submitted with the approval of IRC
- IRC will withhold for taxes 3% as required by law and will provide withholding certificates to the translator, accordingly.
Minimum High School Diploma/a bachelor's degree in a related field such as computer science, digi-tal media, or film production or completed videos editing course and animation.
Work Experience: minimum 3 years’ experience in video production, editing, animation produc-tion.
• Able to manage tasks within a given period.
• Accurate translation according to different norms of languages.
• Strong knowledge and experienced on producing, citing and competency of making videos.
• Contextualize and simplify with creativity method from narrative information to the visual medias.
• Able to work independently, understand and keep confidentiality and do not use IRC in-formation and material for other purposes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills of English and Burmese/Karen.
Languages and computer skills: English, Karen and Burmese. Strong skills in WORDS, and Editing
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to the below email:
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org