FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Strategic Information/Monitoring & Evaluation (SI/M&E) Technical Advisor II to provide technical assistance in support of M&E, research and learning activities for a range of health, environment and climate change, and development programs in the region. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing SI/M&E systems and procedures for various projects. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy and for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against assigned projects’ performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the projects’ progress towards goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure activities and assignments are carried out as planned and objectives are being achieved. The Advisor will also provide technical guidance for the design, conduct, analysis and documentation of research and support the development of thought leadership knowledge products.
REPORTS TO: APRO Associate Director/Technical Advisor SI/M&E
LOCATION: Asia Pacific Region, The position will be based in one of FHI 360 APRO country office
- Support projects in the Asia Pacific region in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning plans, including data and analytics roadmap.
- Provide regular review of projects’ data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- In collaboration with technical monitors, co-review project’s written deliverables (reports and technical documents) supporting their readiness for submission to the client.
- Support projects to ensure high quality (technical and ethical dimensions) research and studies, including clinical and evaluation trials. Tasks will include:
- Support protocol development, review sampling framework and size and analytical framework, facilitate ethics/scientific review, help analyze data/review data analyses and support production of study reports and thought leadership knowledge products
- Support project in generating strategic information, including, but not limited to:
- Analyzing data from computer-aided detection artificial intelligence (CAD-AI) analysis of chest radiography (CXR) implementation, focusing on facility-based implementation and including community-based implementation during community campaigns.
- In collaboration with Technical Officer Data Management, co-manage country and regional TB dashboard to monitor TB projects in the region.
- Build capacity of staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Support countries to identify best practices for documentation as success stories, and conduct technical reviews of technical reports, or peer review publications and surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Continually maintain a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with FHI 360 M&E/SI staff in the Asia Pacific region.
- Review M&E activities for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Ensure data quality audits are routinely collected and monitor data quality and accuracy, immediately reporting any discrepancies to leadership.
- Support design of M&E and learning components for business development.
- Master’s degree or its International Equivalent - Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting international development programming strategic information/M&E systems, with a focus on at least one of the following: infectious diseases, nutrition, environment and climate change, civil society strengthening or education. Experience in the Asia Pacific region is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience delivering effective and cultural sensitive technical assistance in multiple Asia country contexts.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E and learning tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and producing peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Demonstrate commitment to support locally-led development, including support to localization principles in thought leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ability to function professionally in a language from a country in the region is desired.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
To apply for this position, please register and upload your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer