Position : Research Assistant (ผู้ช่วยวิจัยประจำศูนย์เชียงราย)
Organisation : Dreamlopments (DLP)
Deadline for application: 31 March 2023
Job Vacancy Announcement
Work location: Chiang Rai
Application deadline: 31 March 2023
Job start: as soon as possible
Dreamlopments (DLP) is a Thailand-based social enterprise and foundation working on aid and development for underserved communities. DLP is running a large project/study of community-based testing and treatment of HIV and hepatitis C (HCV) for people who use/inject drugs (PWID) in Thailand. The C-FREE study is being conducted by a large consortium of Thai NGOS, research institutes, academic experts, government officials and international partners. The project design includes a cohort study, and an HCV treatment study for participants with chronic hepatitis C. It currently takes place in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Songkhla, Narathiwat, Tak, Khon Kaen. The research sites currently include 8 “drop-in-centers” (DIC) run by local NGOs, and a new site is now to be opened in Chiang Rai. Partner hospitals participate in the study implementation. C-FREE was initiated in May 2019, and will close in 2023, to transition to a continuation protocol titled C-FREE-CSEA.
We are looking for a Research Assistant (RA) for the C-FREE-CSEA site in Chiang Rai. The Research Assistant (RA) works with a site Research Nurse (RN). The RA, with the RN, oversees and coordinate the implementation of the C-FREE-CSEA study project with partners and study participants at the site. The RA is under the supervision of the Research Nurse (RN), the Study Coordinators (SC), Lead Study Principal Investigator (PI), Protocol Chair (PC), Head of Programs (HP) and Senior Research Physician (SRP) but works closely on a daily basis with staff from the site partner CBO.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in screening and enrolling participants in the study.
- Manage research activity appointments.
- Assist in collecting and recording research information in the study-related documents and Case Report Form.
- Assist in performing technical duties related to clinical research as directed and under the supervision of other study personnel.
- Assist in collecting, processing and shipping potentially biohazardous specimens.
- Prepare referral letters to hospitals or other health facilities for further diagnosis or treatment as per needs from the study protocol, or indications set by the study physician.
- Keep clinic, laboratory equipment and laboratory spaces clean, organized and presentable.
- Order stocks and maintain inventory of clinical supplies and laboratory equipment (overseeing maintenance and updates), partnering with suppliers for hardware and software requirements.
- Provide travel reimbursement to participants at each study visit.
- Track site spending and provide regular status updates to the study coordinating center.
- Answer phone calls and LINE communication from participants regarding study protocol and scheduling visits.
- Assist in study site file maintenance and ensure that all required documents are accounted for and send study-related materials or documents to the study coordinating center.
- Maintain communication with the study coordinating center and follow up on tasks/submissions.
- Work collaboratively with other study partners.
- Perform other duties related to the study as assigned.
Qualification and required competencies:
- Vocational Education Degree or Bachelor Degree of Science, Public Health, Social Science or other related fields.
- Preferably 3-4 year-experience in health-related projects, however, fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in health research or community health work is a plus.
- Good computer skills in using Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Good command in English, is a plus.
- Strong organization skills, good attention to details.
- Good human relationship, observable skills and clear communication.
- Teamwork-contributing and following team objectives.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and CV in English to: email@example.com
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantนักวิจัย / Researcher