Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are fully committed to the gender responsive safeguarding of all children and young people from all form of violence.
Position: Communications and Campaigns Officer (Re-advertised)
Assignment duration: Fixed-Term 1-year Contract with possibility of extension
Duty station: Bangkok
Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. We are independent of governments and have no political or religious affiliation.
Plan International Thailand (PIT) has been working in Thailand in 1981 and most of its work is now located in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and the greater Bangkok area with projects also in Tak, Trat and Phang Nga provinces. Over the years, Plan International Thailand’s work has covered the areas of Child Protection, Early Childhood Care and Development, Disaster Risk Management, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, advancing rights of stateless and migrant children and youth, fair recruitment practices for migrant families, and youth economic empowerment, especially for girls. During FY 2019 – 2022, Plan International Thailand has focused on three Country Programme Areas: 1) Gender and women’s empowerment and justice, 2) Children on the move, and 3) Legal status and citizenship.
Plan International Thailand’s country strategy (2022-27) will deepen the organization’s focus on advancing children’s rights and striving for equality of girls and youth in all of their diversity in Thailand. Particular focus will be on gender transformative approaches with Plan International’s Areas of Global Distinctiveness (AOGD) programme areas on youth employment and empowerment, sexual reproductive health and rights, protection, and empowering children and youth to advance their rights and decide on their own life course.
- Lead the development and implementation of Plan International Thailand’s Communications Strategy to position PIT as a leading organisation advancing children’s rights and gender equality, especially girls, in alignment with Plan International’s global strategy;
- Raising profile for PIT both internally and externally by effectively communicating about Plan work in Thailand to children, communities, partners, sponsors, donors, National Offices, Regional Office and Global Hub through innovative, creative and high-quality communications products and resources;
- Develop innovative use of social media and digital platforms to communicate to wide array of audiences both internally and externally;
- Manage social media accounts for Plan International Thailand, ensuring that appropriate and engaging content is being sourced and shared, including managing responses to public enquiries received via social media channels;
- Monitor the web and social media landscape for opportunities for Plan International to contribute, and for threats to Plan International’s reputation;
- Advise Plan International regional and global hub communications focal points on website maintenance and content management to maintain a strong website presence of Plan International Thailand;
- Monitor acceptable use of case stories, photographic and video resources as they pertain to social media and child protection.
- Ensure the principles for digital development are applied in all digital communications work
Visibility and Brand Awareness
- Raise Plan International Thailand’s profile in Thailand through quality production and dissemination of corporate materials, including brochures, flyers, banners, marketing films;
- Ensure the alignment and right usage of Plan International and donor branding in all communication products;
- Assist with design, layout, photographic and video editing, as required;
- Ensure correct use of corporate identity and branding materials;
- Ensure that Plan International Safeguarding policy is applied in all communications work.
Advocacy, Campaigns, Fund Raising and the Media
- Work with Evidence Base and Learning team in communicating evidence-based impact of Plan International Thailand programming for influencing stakeholders and potential donors;
- Lead, in collaboration with programme team, “Girls Get Equal” and Girls Takeover events as well as support independent advocacy and campaign initiatives for specific programmes/projects both locally and nationally;
- Collaborate with Programme team, National Offices and donors in facilitating awareness raising events;
- Support Programme and Resource Mobilization team in developing advocacy / communication strategies and messages geared toward specifically targeted audiences, including donor visibility action plans;
- Collaborate with programme team on the production of policy briefs, public communications and marketing materials;
- Develop and sustain linkages with media contacts for strong media profile locally, nationally and internationally;
- Coordinate and support media activities including facilitate media/celebrities’ visits, preparing press releases, drafting talking points;
- Maintain Plan International Thailand media bank for communications, marketing materials;
Capacity Building and Management
- Support capacity building on Influence and Communications skills for staff, partners, children, though in all of their diversity and communities;
- Develop skills for children and youth participants via representation in workshops, story telling, youth-led research, social media and multimedia tools, ensure that their voices and products are promoted by Plan. This includes support child-friendly technical trainings and network on film production, photography, social media and communications initiatives at both regional and national level;
- Support country management team and programme colleagues on how best to communicate and share knowledge through the development of engaging content, including stories, images, videos and graphics.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor degree in related fields (communications, marketing, journalism)
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience working as a professional communicator.
- Experience in dealing with the media, event management, public relations and both online and offline campaigning
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Good graphic design skills for online and printed products (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator…)
- Strong commitment to raise the profile of issues affecting children and their families in vulnerable communities where PIT works
- Strong organisational abilities; able to prioritise and manage different projects across diverse themes despite competing deadlines
- Knowledge of press and PR (experience in work in the development sector would be particularly advantageous).
- Strong experience in outcomes-focused strategic communications and planning across the spectrum of media formats and genres
- Ability to work in multiple different cultural contexts and deliver to tight deadline
- Exceptional interpersonal communications, digital and writing skills
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Facilitation, coaching and training, including ability to design and conduct meetings, trainings and related activities. Ability to communicate with youth and children in a positive way, creating space for them to share their views and ideas
- Analytical and problem solving
- Excellent office computer software and social media platforms
- Willing to learn with result-oriented mind set
- Previous experience with INGO working in mountainous, ethnic areas and marginalized communities is an advantage
- Previous experience working with children and youth groups is preferred
- Knowledge of gender transformative and feminist leadership
- Budgeting and financial management
How to apply:
For candidate who are interesting in this position, please click onthe link below to apply through our recruitment system.
If you have any further queries or any difficult in apply through that channal, please contact Janjira Sribanbark ( email@example.com )
Closing date for applications: 19 February 2023
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidate including clearance on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) and Criminal Check Record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
นักสื่อสารออนไลน์ / Online communication