Mekong Institute Vacancy Announcement
Human Resource Officer
Finance and Operations/Human Resource
Human Resource Officer
Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
MI is an intergovernmental organization that contributes to regional cooperation and integration through capacity development, dialogue, and advocacy for the acceleration of sustainable socioeconomic development and poverty alleviation in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS).
Founded and represented by Cambodia, P.R. China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam, MI’s strategies are aligned with the core tenets of the GMS Cooperation Program Strategic Framework 2030, ASEAN Economic Community, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
MI supports these frameworks through the implementation of projects across the areas of Agricultural Development and Commercialization, Trade and Investment Facilitation, and Sustainable Energy and Environment, while addressing issues of social inclusion and vulnerability, digital economy and innovation, and labor mobility to cement holistic and sustainable development impacts in the subregion and beyond.
Human Resource Officer, Human Resource (HR) Unit, Finance and Operations Department
We are seeking a Human Resource Officer for Human Resource (HR) Unit, reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the Human Resource Officer is responsible for carrying out all functions related to personnel administration of Mekong Institute. S/he shall utilize a thorough knowledge and understanding of MI’s current policies, rules and procedures to ensure consistency and fairness in their application through his/her work. S/he ensures that staff employment and stay in Thailand are in compliance with Thai laws and in accordance with the Agreement between the Mekong Institute and the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand.
Main deliverables, responsibilities and tasks
- Accurate and timely processing of HR administrative processes including, staff salary and benefits payments, recruitment processes
- HR records and reports produced, maintained and available through routine, timely and complete calculation, recording and maintenance.
- Timely and accurate contractual arrangements for MI consultants in place.
- Support and assistance to any other HR functions routinely provided as required.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Prepare monthly MI payroll and related benefits and allowances, and liaise with Finance Unit to ensure smooth processing and accurate recording of all payments made to staff
- Ensure monthly attendance record and balances indicated on leave requests are up to date
- Maintain up to date, orderly and complete records in personnel files
- Ensure Annual Performance Appraisal processes are done on time, and complete and necessary follow up action.
- Arrange arrival and orientation of new staff and provide briefing on MI HR policies and procedures
- Arrange final clearance procedures and coordinate with the relevant units/departments for the final payment calculation for the staff who complete/terminate their employment with MI
- Manage processes for visa renewals, stay permits, driving licenses, and other legal requirements through liaison with the relevant government ministries. Proactively follow through to resolve bottlenecks and ensure timely completion of processes
- Ensures staff insurance cover is current at all times
- Support recruitment processes for staff and consultants as required by: ensuring wide dissemination of announcements; collecting all applications and preparing a matrix of all applications, including data on profile, minimum qualifications, and experience for each candidate; and assisting managers with logistics arrangements for interviews
- Prepare contracts for new staff and open personnel file
- Prepare all consultants and establish consultancy file, tracks payments and other contractual provisions to ensure consistency with contract, and update consultancy file
- Perform other HR related duties as assigned by the HR Manager
- Any other reasonable task requested by management
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in human resource management, business administration, or related
- Knowledge of personnel and payroll administration systems
- Knowledge of protocol and administrative processes with relevant authorities such as for official visa processing, work permits, driving licenses and travel arrangements
- Working knowledge of Thai labour laws as well as international standards
- Experience and skills in administration of personnel and payroll systems
- Experience of human resource management
- Strong ability in written and spoken English
- Experience with protocol arrangements for international staff
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a team and coordinate with others
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications, office equipment and communications equipment
- Experience in an international organization
- Knowledge of at least one GMS country national language
If you have the skills and experience to exceed in this position, and are passionate about equitable and inclusive economic growth in GMS, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by February 28, 2023, titled ‘Human Resource Officer’.
Please note that the closing date is midnight Bangkok, Thailand time and only applications successful in progressing to the next stage will be responded to.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierทรัพยากรณ์มนุษย์ / Human resourcesธุระการ / Administrative